Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
385 Posts
Aint nothing better than a new pup. Sharp teeth.....chewed up shoes.....whining.....barking.....running around like a wild indian......yep.

I love it.:thumb:

Congrats.

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
I remember when mine was 8 weeks and that small back in early december. Dang if they don't grow up fast! Now she is 5 months old and 40lbs. :biggrin:

good looking pup! so what's her name?

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have one that is 85 pounds and thinks he is a lap dog becuase he has a little sister weenie dog that is a lap dog that thinks she is a lab :thumb: ......

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Her name is Abby she dont really whine she just loves to play and she is a quick learner. She has a really great personality and she dont like to jump on you while your around her. She has really good manners and when she comes in to watch the race with me she dont like to explore the house she just lays in my lap and most of the time falls asleep about the tenth lap.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i jgot a new choc pup that is nie weeks old and he loves to jump and eat and be a big nut case some times but man it is fun can't wait til it warms up and can get him in the water and play congrats
:wink:

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
i jgot a new choc pup that is nie weeks old and he loves to jump and eat and be a big nut case some times but man it is fun can't wait til it warms up and can get him in the water and play congrats
:wink:
That's what I ready for too duck!! Can't wait to try her out here before long! :thumb:

·
Banned
385 Posts
Me too........Mine needs a little rust knocked off her......she hasn't done much since the last day of duck season.

We ought to get together somewhere with the hounds and train. I aint an expert and my dog is a hunting dog but she was taught to the best of my ability using HT methods. If nothing else it's nice to have somebody else there to throw marks. I've got a whole sack full of 12 ga. "popper" rounds that needs to be used.

just a thought.:cool:

·
Super Moderator
9,435 Posts
Me too........Mine needs a little rust knocked off her......she hasn't done much since the last day of duck season.

We ought to get together somewhere with the hounds and train. I aint an expert and my dog is a hunting dog but she was taught to the best of my ability using HT methods. If nothing else it's nice to have somebody else there to throw marks. I've got a whole sack full of 12 ga. "popper" rounds that needs to be used.

Sounds like fun! My dog is a hunting dog too (well, she's going to be next year:biggrin:). She's getting there but I've still got to work with her quite a bit on a couple things. :smack:

·
Banned
385 Posts
AA.......It never stops......:biggrin:

This was my dogs 2nd season. She picked up 107 last year and a shade over 200 this year.

Her first year I tried to take her on good hunts only, which means for us where I hunt is early season. this year however I took her everytime I went unless I was on an invite hunt and was asked to bring her. I never show up on an invite with my dog unless asked.......just the way I do things cause I don't want somebody showing up on a hunt I invite them to with a dog either.

This year started off strong and stayed steady for the whole year and she did a good job and made some jawdropping retrieves in some nasty conditions.:thumb:

One habit I want to break her of and I'm not sure how I'm going to do it yet is bringing back 2 ducks at once. Some of my buddies say I should just leave her alone and let her hunt but she wastes just as much time and energy doing that as she would if she will pick up one......bring it back to the tree stand and cast on the next mark.

It aint got to be a big event, just a little marking drills, doubles, maybe triples, some water work if possible.:biggrin:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope she turns out to be a big as her daddy hes a BRUTE my lil brother has a pup born the same day as her and she is two times bigger than himand im loven every minute of it she whipps the crap out of ol Duke

·
Registered
2,075 Posts

I would love to get in on this training day. I have a bag of poppers on the way my self and about 10 dummies. I keep buying them even though I have plenty:confused: My lab is 8 months old and weighs about 70# and is steady on singles and doubles. We are still working on marking the second fall and remembering where it is but that will simply take some time. I have nobody to throw dummies for me cause my wife can only throw them about 10 ft.:smack: Just let me know and I will be there along with maggie.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Enjoy because before you can blink your eyes, this....

....will turn into this terror of nothing but teeth and legs...

That with a little time & hard work, will sooner then you think turn into a well oiled, prime time duckin' machine...

And if your really lucky will be around long enough to mature into a DAWG that in his wise old age keeps going day after day, because he has learned to LOVE and LIVE for those days a field as much if not more then you yourself do....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts