Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished the frame and axle for my box stand.....it is gonna be portable I've decided....that way Iris and I can cover a lot of ground! I'll put in the pic shortly!:wink:

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
We have a tower stand on wheels(removable}. It is made of 100% aluminum.You can pull it in with an atv.Its 20 ft. tall and two people can pick it up.You pop off the wheels, and with the pulley system You stand it up with a atv.Its really neat.It took quite a bit of engineering.

·
53,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not gonna go to the tower height with this just yet....I have a very old PIL that I'm gonna have in the stand when I get it finished....I'm not well rehearsed in elevators, and he doesn't climb well anymore. Maybe sometime down the road.....I hope that means before I get to where I can't climb anymore:smack:

·
53,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Naw....it's a cut down house trailer axle, I'm still in the fabrication phase, but I have the wheels and tires.....just mainly more welding and fitting!:thumb:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Just make sure you are hunting at least a hundred feet off the centerline of any county, state, or federally maintained road!!! :razz:

·
53,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aw yeah.....and down here it's any county maintained road! I will be hunting from this stand exclusively on private land....my loved ones will be in it....anywhere else I won't risk their safety!:wink:

·
Registered
831 Posts
Aw yeah.....and down here it's any county maintained road! I will be hunting from this stand exclusively on private land....my loved ones will be in it....anywhere else I won't risk their safety!:wink:
You understand I was attempting humor....

Since it has wheels, I wouldn't want you to get a ticket for road hunting!

·
53,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Little ole crackerboxes make good birthday/christmas gifts....have you made out your list yet? I also asked santy clause for a new set of oxy/accetylene guages and torch when I accidently broke my old ones. It never ceases to amaze me how some guys just beg for punishment!:thumb:

·
53,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That'll be my first commercial order then.....would that be you??:thumb:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts