Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a glorious morning this morning. Marsh Man put me up a new stand right on the Mississippi River bank. I love where it's at.

Bless his heart, for the past few weeks I've been asking him to take me to pick out a tree to climb and he always had an excuse not to. He finally broke down last week and told me he was scared to death for me to use a climber and he would buy me a stand for bow hunting. Of course as clumsy as I am I can't really blame him. I told him whatever made him happy was fine with me. Can you blelieve that? I really love that man. :biggrin:

He picked out a great spot yesterday while discing some food plots. We're behind on everything because of the hurricanes and floods. We haven't even gotten our cameras out yet. :smack: The water just went down.

Back to this morning. I told Marsh Man to pick me back up at 8:00 because I have Court this morning. At 10 till 8:00 I saw my first deer and it was a buck. A nice 6 point, a shooter for me. But he was too far. IT GAVE ME THE FEVER!!!!!! I GOT IT BAD Y'ALL! :clap:

So if all goes well and Court doesn't run until 6:30 like yesterday I will be out there again this evening. Oh...I put out some acorn rage before I left this morning. Y'all cross your fingers, legs and everything you got that the buck will be back this evening.

·
Select Member<br>2009 Photo Contest Winner<br>2015
3,227 Posts
Where is your stand in reference to the Madison parish port?. I'll be on the lookout for it when we come down probabaly on Sunday.
Seen some good ones over the years along the riverbank.Good luck to you.

·
3,227 Posts
If you can see barges going by you must be below goodrich light. or what we call cottonwood bar. I'll be a looking if I'm on watch when we come by.Blow you a whistle and scare everything in the neighborhood.:biggrin:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
elwaller, I asked Marsh Man where my stand was in terms to the river. It's not as far as 10 miles. He said I was only about 3 miles. He also said to tell you that my stand is straight across from Henderson Island/Willow Point. You know where that is?

·
3,227 Posts
Yep, I know where that is. The river runs along the Mississippi side there so probably can'y see your stand. A little too far across to La side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.