Arkansas Hunting banner
261 - 280 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Anyone tell me anything about this, it was my great grandpa’s, I’m pretty sure it’s a Japanese rip off of Bowie knives.

View attachment 344191
I don't know, but it looks like an old Schrade that's been sharpened way down over the years.

Reactions: Fisk and Koyote

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,500 Posts
Dadgummit John, you may need to get a table at a knife show. Lots of folks always looking for touch up or repairs.
I just fix everything broken and have since 8 years old, used to see things at the dump and bring home to repair them! Kinda slowed down some since then!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Knife Font Blade Utility knife Hunting knife

I took these three to try them out in the field on the recent hunt. The left one is an older style of forging. I really liked the way it worked but I normally prefer a shorter blade, personally, but this was about the design itself. ...The folder is an old style slip joint...the style worked great but the mechanics has to change..it must be a lockback. Difficult to open and close with the hard spring when fat and blood on the blade. So that will change. The one on the Right was good as is. These were all sold before I left on the condition that they were marked prototype.

·
Registered
223 Posts
View attachment 345567
I took these three to try them out in the field on the recent hunt. The left one is an older style of forging. I really liked the way it worked but I normally prefer a shorter blade, personally, but this was about the design itself. ...The folder is an old style slip joint...the style worked great but the mechanics has to change..it must be a lockback. Difficult to open and close with the hard spring when fat and blood on the blade. So that will change. The one on the Right was good as is. These were all sold before I left on the condition that they were marked prototype.
That one on the right is SEXAY!!!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #276 ·
Wood Font Electric blue Metal Close-up

Shooting iron sights I ended up with 3 and one dead way up in tree hung up with no way to get him. I grew up using a pocket knife to skin squirrels, rabbits and deer. Had to deliver one today so I used their folder to skin these and a small game fixed blade knife I am testing to skin the fox squirrel. Interesting on the wood handle. It's from the tree under which Dr. Mudd treated John Wilkes Booth on his flight from killing Lincoln.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
View attachment 346748

Shooting iron sights I ended up with 3 and one dead way up in tree hung up with no way to get him. I grew up using a pocket knife to skin squirrels, rabbits and deer. Had to deliver one today so I used their folder to skin these and a small game fixed blade knife I am testing to skin the fox squirrel. Interesting on the wood handle. It's from the tree under which Dr. Mudd treated John Wilkes Booth on his flight from killing Lincoln.
You ever think about making knives for a living, you ain't half bad at it!

·
Registered
30,832 Posts
View attachment 346748

Mercy, absolutely beautiful!

·
Premium Member
Commish Weld
22,439 Posts
View attachment 346748

Truly amazing!

261 - 280 of 317 Posts