Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
That Damascus is beautiful...…..I love that style (shape) of blade too. Very nice work!

Reactions: Fisk

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Knife Dagger Hunting knife Blade Design
this hunting knife has a fiddle back maple handle. The Damascus blade has a Dog Star pattern Damascus pattern. Now, about Damascus, some people say it holds it edge forever, some say not well at all. In truth it depends upon the maker. If they say if it does not hold its edge as well as their carbon steel they do not know what they are doing. If they say it cuts much better they are trying to sell you the more expensive one. In truth, if the Smith knows what he is doing, as far as actual field use Damascus will be equal to a good carbon steel, no better nor no worse.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Knife Hunting knife Blade Dagger Bowie knife
just to give you folks something to look at. I sold this piece 2 years ago. It has a stag handle and a "Bridge," pattern set into the Damascus blade. I had about 4 days time just on engraving this one. I hand draw with a pencil onto the piece what I want to engrave then then start cutting. I make and grind my own chisels to do my engraving. Just to give yall something to think in during this crazy time. ...Oh, the moccasins are brain tanned elk. They were made for me by a Shoshone lady and the beading was a replicant of her grandfather's moccasins. I have had them 30 years and was always careful when I wore them.

·
Premium Member
20,078 Posts
Knife Kitchen knife Blade Tableware Cutlery
Well Mr. Fisk.

I didn’t want to show this masterpiece, we’ve been good to each other on here. And I’m not doing this to try and “ Up” you. This piece was forged on my green egg and tempered in Criso. It’s got a 17degree edge to help keep from rolling. The handle is made from pure recollected semi stainless steel.

·
Registered
13,825 Posts
View attachment 239562 just to give you folks something to look at. I sold this piece 2 years ago. It has a stag handle and a "Bridge," pattern set into the Damascus blade. I had about 4 days time just on engraving this one. I hand draw with a pencil onto the piece what I want to engrave then then start cutting. I make and grind my own chisels to do my engraving. Just to give yall something to think in during this crazy time. ...Oh, the moccasins are brain tanned elk. They were made for me by a Shoshone lady and the beading was a replicant of her grandfather's moccasins. I have had them 30 years and was always careful when I wore them.
You are a true master of the art, that goes without question. The historic parts and unquestioned quality these masterpieces possess is truly unreal.
I know you say all your knives are made to be used but dang, do you think people actually use them? I’d have a hard time laying the edge to anything.
BTW, I saw your AGFC knife in their magazine and another home run!! Irked me though they misspelled your name in the caption.

·
Premium Member
20,078 Posts
You are a true master of the art, that goes without question. The historic parts and unquestioned quality these masterpieces possess is truly unreal.
I know you say all your knives are made to be used but dang, do you think people actually use them? I’d have a hard time laying the edge to anything.
BTW, I saw your AGFC knife in their magazine and another home run!! Irked me though they misspelled your name in the caption.
He’s not going to cut you a deal, I’ve already tried this.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, some folks actually do use them and that is good. No use leaving them for the next guy to use, you use them and get your money's worth. It appears more people use their hunting knives but they all use well. I test all of them. We have some really good makers in this state that test and use all their knives. Even those handmade kitchen knives you will see a difference in.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Knife Dagger Blade Hunting knife Utility knife
Now here is something really different. Ricardo Vilar from here in Nashville are teamed up on this one. We have worked together for 20 years. I have bought three of his knives over the years because performance is his main focus. Like this knife.....I designed it the knife and the engraving...
he makes it. Then we take a good photo provided by you of your hunt and etch engrave it and use 24kt gold plating to enhance the photo. The photo on this knife is me on one if my Axis hunts. You can have your photo done on your knife. The price is very reasonable..only about $700 with walnut handle. And yes, you can go use it if you wish, it really works well and holds a heck of an edge.

1 - 20 of 317 Posts