My feet stink

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by factory909, Dec 16, 2010.

1. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

I've been noticing it alot lately, my feet have been more sweatier than usual. If anyone else out there has this issue, what you doing to keep odor down? thanks

2. jrock

jrock Well-Known Member

When I wear certain shoes or boots mine will stink and the only thing I can figure is they do not breath well. Odor eaters work good for a few weeks and then you have to replace them. Also look into some good socks that whick away moisture.

3. natestep

natestep Well-Known Member

I started using Dr. Scholl's odor-X foot powder and started wearing slip on boots instead of lace ups. I fought the problem for years and this has finally fixed the problem. I tried everything.

4. jhw

jhw Well-Known Member

Nylon socks will cause your feet to stink. Cotton socks will stop the odor, most of the time.

5. keeb

keeb Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed much of a problem since I started wearing Under Armour socks. I am sure my feet have some sort of stink going on after 9 hours at work but probably not near as bad. Every now and again I will take my shoes off at work and let them breathe. But I have a desk where you cant see my feet so it's all good. :thumb:

6. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

My feet always seem to smell more in the winter. I don't really know why. I think it has something to do with my skin drying out. Match dead skin with sweat and you get stinky feet. I tried Kerasal a few years ago to help and it did wonders. You have to scrub your feet before you apply, but it helps to loosen the dead skin and softens them up. When I wear shoes that don't breath well I will spray on some unscented Sure deodorant. Makes a big difference for me.

7. lilturkeyhunter

lilturkeyhunter Well-Known Member

Iuka
    Just saw on Dr. Phil yesterday that you can soak your feet in brewed black tea for thirty minutes each day for a week and then as needed. Said it would cure stinky feet.

Amy

8. Wash your feet with anti-bacterial soap every night then apply a good medicated foot powder (Gold Bond works).. And always wear a pair of white cotton socks next to your skin.. Even when you wear colored dress socks wear a thin pair of white cotton socks next to your skin.. This time of year we tend to oversock and cram our feet into rubber boots (waders) and don't let our feet breath.. Make sure your boots/shoes air out and dry as well.. Waders and other rubber based boots are bad about holding odors and bacteria that cause foot problems.. Remember: Healthy feet are happy feet..:up:

9. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

thanks guys, im gonna try some of the stuff.....keeb, im rocking the under armour socks 5 days a week, i think my feet sweat more with them though...

10. sartorious

sartorious Well-Known Member

FroMan has this problem too. I would ask him what he does...and then do the complete opposite.

11. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

:fit::fit:

I use Arrid X Spray on deordorant not neccessarily for the odor but it prevents my feet from sweating profusely in my hunting boots:shrug:

12. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I always wear wool socks.....mine never smell bad.....on a further note, after I shower, I rub my toes with Vick's salve, working it under the nails, then all the sole and heel. Keeps my feet soft, scares away bacteria!:up:

13. WillyB71

WillyB71 Well-Known Member

Assuming you actually wash them with soap in a bathtub or shower ever day, feet smell bad because of bacteria or fungus infestation.

All the things mentioned above help, but it's all about killing the bacteria/fungus on your feet & shoes, then fighting to keep it from coming back.

If you have stinky shoes that are eaten up with the same germs, you won't get past the stinky foot smell coming back until you sterilize or replace the shoes. Lysol helps. Bleach water helps. Athletes foot spray also helps.