Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My eight year old daughter is kinda scared of shooting a gun so I got her a Barnett RC-150 crossbow complete with red dot scope. I have never owned one and was a little unsure about it. Well, last friday we let her play hooky from school so I could take her on my day off. We set up a homemade leanto stand Thursday night (in the dark) on our lease where I took my doe earlier in the year. At 7am this little buck showed up and finally gave her a twenty yard shot. She hit it a little back and we had a chore finding it but finally did and had to finish it. She was excited but I think I may have been more. After the shot I started shaking as if I had just stuck one! It was awesome and now I have another little hunting buddy!

This is the bolt after the shot...

This is her with her little spike. Her first deer ever and with a crossbow to boot!

·
Registered
318 Posts
It don't get no better than that. Beautiful little girl you got there. I have a 19 month old son, and can't wait until he's old enough to plop down in the stand with the old man.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,527 Posts
U da man artomcaller, you sure do have a hunting buddy now....you can't get out the door no more without hearing: "Daddy, can I go too?":clap::up:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Way to go little lady!! My daughter was raised hunting and fishing now wer're doing the same with the grandson, who has gotten 2 deers this year one sitting in mom's lap and one sitting in dad's lap. I hope he get a third one sitting in his grandpa's lap soon.

Jack

·
Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey
13,110 Posts
That's a beautiful little girl right there!!! Give her a big ol' hug and tell her congrats!!!:clap::up::clap::up:

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
Tell here she's made alot of new friends here on the board! She has now become a AH.net hero! Great story with awesome pictures. My twins will be 7 this August, so hopefully next year they will be ready. Nothing like passing on the tradition.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.