My Coyote hunting rig

Discussion in 'Vehicles, Boats, Campers, & ATVs' started by SA Doc, Nov 30, 2012.

1. SA Doc

SA Doc Well-Known Member

texas
    This was my summer project. It started life as a 77 blazer. A guy that used to be on my deer lease stripped the body and made an open platform and converted it to drive from the top. When I got it, it was already top drive and had a platform, but mechanically everything was shot. Over the summer I put on the sheet metal around the top, put in a reman 350, flywheel, brakes, wheel bearings, radiator, built a top, gun racks, 4 seats, and did tons of other little stuff. Throttle and shifting is done with and old evinrude boat controller. Paint job is gray primer with sponged on spots of black, tan, and green. Runs great now, but did have to replace a brake caliper at the lease last weekend. Works great for calling coyotes, parking in the brush as a mobile deer blind, or just taking friend/family for a ride around the deer lease. We have no real trees, just cactus and brush, so you can see a long way. I thought it turned out pretty cool, and total cost was about the same as a side by side ATV.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. yellowlab

yellowlab Well-Known Member

3. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    Don't see one of them every day. :thumb:

4. x2

5. towhead

towhead Well-Known Member

Nice, and I like the way your camp is set up. Does that solar panel furnish enough power to not need a generator?

6. I didn't even notice that. Yeah, do those things work that well?

7. SA Doc

SA Doc Well-Known Member

texas
    Solar panels are only to keep batteries charged so you can leave propane fridge in camper running all the time / when your not there. Fridge Solenoid requires 12v power. It would probably be enough for lights as well, but we all have generators so can run AC or watch TV when we're there.