My Buffalo Skull Mount

Discussion in 'Taxidermy' started by JR, Feb 6, 2008.

1. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

2. LedZhead20

LedZhead20 Well-Known Member

That is really cool. I like the rustic look!

3. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

I like that ,looks real good.

4. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

Woweeee! That's a dandy....ya shot him by the barn door?:confused: :fit: :up:

5. BUCKSHOT_106

BUCKSHOT_106 Well-Known Member

It turned out really good, I'm glad I got to see the project go from start to finish.:thumb:

6. That looks good!

Hey ........UHHH ..........JR........is that your real nickname ......cause I don't know that I would call you Junior to your face:thumb:

7. Fenderman15

Fenderman15 Guest

I like it but the indian style i suggested would be AWSOME!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8. zane

zane Well-Known Member

WOW, that looks great!!

9. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

Really cool.

10. KBJ

KBJ Well-Known Member

That looks pretty good.:thumb:

11. LGustin

LGustin Well-Known Member

Very nice indeed.

12. LC

LC Well-Known Member

Where were you able to go on a buffalo hunt. I would really like to do that someday. That is a very good looking mount.

LC

13. JR

JR Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br

Unfortunately, I didn't get to go on a hunt.:frown: I had gotten a horn from a cow that had been dehorned, and I made a powder horn for my blackpowder out of it. I had been working on it at school, and when I was just about finished with it I asked some of my students that had cattle or worked with cattle to bring me some horns if the had any cows that they were going to dehorn anytime soon. To make some more powder horns with, to give out as gifts, to relatives, and hunting buddies. I had one boy that said I will do better than that I will bring you some buffalo horns, or I can bring you the whole skull if you want me too. I thought a buffalo yeah right, probably some old steer or bull, but not a buffalo. So I told him to just bring me the whole skull, and when I got to school one morning it was sitting in front of my classroom door. He didn't want anything for it, but he did manage to pass my class.:wink:. Unfortunately I didn't get anymore cow horns, so I have not been able to make anymore powder horns, but I got a cool looking mount.:thumb: