my $40 mount

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Sgtnoblin, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Sgtnoblin

Sgtnoblin Well-Known Member

It's my first buck and I didn't wanna try to boil it and all that junk for fear of screwing somthing up so I found this mountain mikes euro mount kit and did that. It looked good just with that but I thought I'd go a step farther and make it a little more extravagant. The mount kit cost me $40 and the rest of the stuff I found out in the woods. I was going for a fence post look and I found this old post and it had a lot of character to it. It has 4 places where a beaver has gnawed on it. Any way here it is let me know what y'all think.

Attached Files:

2. Tink

Tink Well-Known Member

3. blsmith2000

blsmith2000 Well-Known Member

Very cool! Good job!

4. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
  5. That looks great. I like the fence post look. Are you planning on putting another one down below it? Either way it looks good.

6. Ktalbertfirefighter

Ktalbertfirefighter Well-Known Member

:thumb: looks good really like the fence post

7. GotPork

GotPork Select Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>The Naked Retrei

Well.......coming from someone that has done A LOT of euros this year.......That looks Excellent!!!!! I saw a guys thread on hear a few weeks ago that attatched 2 euros to an old cedar post and it look good also.

8. BIG JIM

BIG JIM Select Member<br>Ol Eagle Eye

Looks real nice. I like the post too.:up:

9. Sgtnoblin

The only thing I might do to it is put some kind of grass/weeds at the bottom so it looks like its still out in a field somewheres. Gotpork it ain't the real skull. It's a plastic one that you just attach the antlers to. But I think it looks real. If I lived closer I would have just had you do it, the taxis around here haven't impressed me. Plus I like doing stuff like this. Thank all y'all for the comments.

10. tyhunter23

tyhunter23 Well-Known Member

Looks great. Congrats on your first buck. First turkey i killed I wanted to mount the fan, beard, and feet myself. Fun little project.

11. looks great, just saw one of those kits at Dicks last night, wondered how good they would look, I think you just sold me on them.

12. mikebri

mikebri Well-Known Member

13. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

I like it,Ya did a good job!

14. Sgtnoblin

It's super easy. The hardest part is getting the antler where you cut it of at as smooth and level as possible. Oh and don't forget to measure inside and out side spread before you cut em off. That way you can set them back perfectly like they where on the deer. Ill post some pics of just the kit so you can see

Attached Files:

15. 10pointman

10pointman Moderator Staff Member

DINK KILLER!!!!! :biggrin:

16. BDW

BDW Premium Member<br>Merganser Slayer<br>2011 Turkey

Very nice!!!