Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Moderator<br>Campfire<br>General Hunting Topics<br
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been saving these for a while. Here are a few pictures from the 14 point freak that I killed in November of 2006. The right side was pretty normal looking the left side was deformed as you can see in the pictures. He has a bowl shaped deformity that would have held water in it if it didn't have a small hole in the bottom. I had not been deer hunting in about 5-6 years. It was on opening day (November 11, 2006) I had sat up in the stand for about 40 minutes, when a doe had come from behind my left side and jumped the fence in front of me. I watched her and scoped her out several times. She kept looking behind her, but stupid me didn't think anything about it. She walked across a small field and disappeared into a small patch of woods. I calmed back down and glanced over to my left and there he stood sniffing the ground where she had been. I really didn't take time to get nervous. I saw at least three points on that one side & pulled up and shot. I knew the minute the gun went off he was hit. He didn't run very far, just around a small thicket. I didn't know how big he was until I found him. I could see the right side and counted 5 points, but when I pulled his head up to get a good look at his whole rack I was shocked to see the deformed side with the other 9 points on it. I hope ya'll enjoy these pics. I have been a little hesitant about putting them on here.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,792 Posts
I don't know what you were worried about....that's quite a trophy and a definite conversation piece!:thumb:

·
Registered
9,846 Posts
Brother you don't have any reason to be hesitant about posting your pics. That is an awesome buck and some great photography! Congrats! :thumb:

.270Win

·
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you get that dude mounted? Definitely a buck of a lifetime for many reasons.
First off I'd like to thank everyone for your comments. Yes I did get him mounted. I wanted to take him to the BBC. I knew that he didn't stand any kind of chance of winning anything, I just wanted people too see how strange he looked. :biggrin:

·
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, I'll take some more pics of his rack up close. With that big deformed bowl on there I'd have had him mounted if he'd have just been a spike. While I like pretty typical racks, I'm a sucker for those freaky non-typicals. I think that I would rather get lucky enough to get one of them anyday over a typical. I'd like to have him scored just for the heck of it. I'm not expecting any big score or anything, but he is my biggest buck ever and I'd like to know just for the heck of it.

·
Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer
10,307 Posts
That is one cool buck. I love the non-typicals. I'd take one of them any day over a typical.

·
Registered
4,882 Posts
I'd guess he'd gross in the 130's and maybe more. Hard to tell with them NTs but he's got lot's of mass and lot's of inches to count. That G2 on the freaky side is impressively long.

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
You can add 50 to me! I have standards I have to follow to. My fat butt still can run a descent 1 1/2 miles though.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Thats a awesome buck. I like the way on his right beam he had a G3 and G4 split out togather.
I can't figure out why you almost didnt show that to us:head:

·
11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are a few more pictures of his rack up close.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts