My 1 day of live trapping

Discussion in 'Trapping' started by mikeljosf, Jul 26, 2020.

1. mikeljosf

mikeljosf Well-Known Member

lonke
    I caught 8 feral cats and 1 cat three different times that didn’t need to get caught

armyguy and SwampCat like this.
  2. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

feral cats as bad or worse than a coon.

3. tomhunter

tomhunter Well-Known Member

All over
    All cats are feral.

rmcmurry, d2 and Remington like this.
  4. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I volunteered at Hobbs State Park one time to do a spotlight survey. On the list of critters to count was feral cats. Someone asked, "How to do you know if they're feral? What if they're close to a house?" The answer was, "if the cat's not on a leash, it's feral!"

Whatever you do, dont give them a ride in your car. My dad had this cat that he assumed was feral peeing in his shrubs by the back door, and the smell was getting overwhelming. So he caught him in a live trap. Being in city limits, he decided to run him to the shelter. Put him in the back of his Suburban, and that cat sprayed all over the back of it. The smell would make you gag. Luckily Dad had recently retired. He cleaned the carpet in there like it was his full time job for weeks before he made any progress. To top it all off, his neighbor found their cat was missing, picked it up at the shelter, and it was back to peeing by the back door in a week.

5. ArkGirl

ArkGirl Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have been VERY happily surprised that I haven't caught ANY of our barn cats in my live trap. They apparently are not interested in marshmallows and senior horse feed. But the coons love it!

John Stiles likes this.
  6. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Kill all the feral cats. Extremely destructive little beasts. And prolific breeders too.

Ar21ANGLER likes this.
  7. ArkGirl

ArkGirl Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Any cat that shows up here gets fixed. Word has gotten out apparently...haven't had any new ones show up in years.

Diff and John Stiles like this.
  8. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

X-cept this one; shes never been out of the house: IMG_0292.jpg

9. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

I used to leave a window down on my impala; and couple times I opened the door and this cat would jump out at me! I rolled the windows all up and left the door open one day with a string rigged to shut it! Next morning I yanked the door shut, got dressed and got in while the cat was on the rear window ledge and took off down the highway and that cat was making 90mph loops around the windows with me dodging when he went by me...this went on until I was several wild miles from home doing as fast as that chevy would go without wrecking, and I rolled down the drivers side window! Last thing I seen or heard from that rascal was: MEEEEEEEEooooooowwwwww as he flew out! Got home and mama said that thing will be back in the morning, and I said; I dont thing so!

armyguy, radtechbb and Hobbshunter like this.