Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its between the Black Hunter or the BearPaw Creed. The Creed cost more but when people ask about a excellent inexpensive bow it all comes to the Sage and Black Hunter. Went to Mandarin website and RH 40# is out of stock.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I had the sage before, got hurt and sold it. Have the black Hunter now. I would call them about equal. Only real difference is the sage is more customizable. But if all your doing is one set of limbs, off the shelf, no sight, stab, etc the black Hunter is more than adequate.

Only caveat, you can find sages everywhere, and they are roughly the same price. AND you don't have to wait 2 months for it to ship from China.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You might try Twig Archery for Black Hunter. The guy buy them in bulk and makes sure the limbs actual pull weight is correct. I bought 1 there a couple years ago, love it. They do cost a little more but Twig is in the U.S. so the shipping is much quicker
Natural environment Soil Forest Woodland Wilderness

·
Registered
973 Posts
I hope you like the grizzly.
I shoot an old Browning one piece. The one piece wood bows just feel better to me than a takedown bow.
I absolutely love a good one piece... idk what it is. they are more sleek, I think. the overall look is pleasing... I always wanted one of those great plains bows... 60" one piece...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.