Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where is the best place, from any of your experience, to go on a self guided hunt. and what time of year?

·
Registered
225 Posts
bow hunt or gun hunt if bow go to colorado pagosa springs area tags
over the counter if gun colorado again but must draw tag for good season dates [ the rut ]
map:thumb:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
Montana on any of the Forestry Service land or Block Management areas. You have over 38 million acres you can hunt in that state.

·
Moderator<br>Campfire<br>Humor & Games<br>'07 Deer
10,307 Posts
I'm looking at going to Utah. Trying to get some info on it now. I have a sister that lives there and one of her friends is a guide for moose, elk and mule deer hunts.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a lot of the research that I have done has led me to New Mexico, supposed to have a great mule deer population in the northern part of the state, and the hunting pressure not near as bad.....this is what I have gathered from talking to people that live there, and reading publications. May give that a shot!

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
I hunt around Salmon, Idaho. Lot of deer and elk. Over 75% of the county is government land. Over the counter for archery and draw with rifle. Season opens around Labor Day. If you are there at the right time you can also fish for steelhead on the Salmon River.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
where is the best place, from any of your experience, to go on a self guided hunt. and what time of year?
New Mexico - Lincoln National Forest
Colorado - Pagosa Springs,San Jaun National Forest, Coburn
Wyoming - Big Horn National Forest
Best time is Late September, all of October.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Apply for tag in unit 54 around Gunnison Colorado, have took some nice deer in that unit. From Gunnison go towards Crested Butte, about three miles north of town take Ohio Pass road to the left, stay on that road until it forks , should just turn into dirt. Go to left on Carbon Creek Rd , go through th private land then the road will fork again camp anywhere in there nice der all over in there. Make sure you go in time to scout the area but a good spot is , go straight to the wooden fence at the last private land turn around come back about a quarter of a mile then hunt up the mountain on the right as you come out. Think that is Carbon Peak also back at the fork go left then you will come up on a road to the left that goes east go down it and galss that Mt.
Good luck
Paru:dead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts