Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BG12 and a buddy of mine are anxiously awaiting the July 10th draw date to see if we are heading out west.

We will be around the Douglas area, staying at 10000 acres of private land, with access to the Thunder Basin National Grassland close by. WE are all pumped up, and can hardly contain ourselves. BG and I fletched some arra's last night, and all I can do is lay in bed and think about big racks.....on deer that is.

11 more days and we will know, and August 29th we will depart, if the WGFC sees fit to have an Arky, AR transplant, and a true MISSOURIAN killin' some of there Muley's.

·
3,605 Posts
We saw a "Crazy Woman Creek" out there.... 'bout the funniest name I've ever seen for a creek. :thumb:

.270Win
There are some big mulies in that area also. (same neck of the woods)

It sounds like we have stomped around in the same plains.
I can't believe how those big old mulies hide and get old out there on the plains.

(they would not last very long in Perry county)

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sounds familiar!?! We were up in that area in 2000 2001, I killed a nice 4x4 my friend connected with a 5x5. The year before, i think, a guy killed one from that area that was on petersons (cant remember the name of mag) they called it the cheater buck. This was a hoss, 30" spread, the reason they called it the cheater buck is my buddy saw Clint hunting this area and they got to talkin. My frind tells this guy (Clint ?) i saw a nice buck here last night, gonna wait til the morning to put a stalk on him. Well long story short they got to the spot jus a tad late, saw Clint draggin out this huge buck......

CHEATER BUCK

·
3,605 Posts
I was hunting in that area several years ago and had a close encounter with a HUGE mulie buck.

I had just shot at a nice 4x4 (and missed) I had sat my bow down where the buck was standing to mark the spot and was looking for blood when this huge 6x6 with over a 30" spread runs right up to within 10 yards of me and stops broadside. All I could do was stand there and look stupid.

I did kill a nice 26" 4x4 in full velvet the next day, so that eased the pain a little bit.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
I killed a nice 4x4 mulie out there back in the early 80's. We were hunting North of Sheriden in the Big Horn NF close to Montana. It was a great trip. We stayed in a primative log cabin that was kind of neat at this lodge and they had a bath house you could use for a shower and S:censored:T. Can't think of the little town :head:but it right up at the top of Wyoming. Great country.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.