Mrs. Nuge Fan's Bow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by Nuge Fan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Nuge Fan

Nuge Fan Well-Known Member

I was reading in the Christmas present's for your significant other thread over in the campfire and saw a post that someone bought their wife a pink compound bow. Made me laugh thinking of my wife's bow. We bought it from pruitt76's wife. It's the Parker Sidekick in a very faint pink camo. It didn't have any accessories which was music to my wife's ears as she got to pick all the stuff on it. We put pink bowjax slipjax, pink bowjax monsterjax, pink bowjax x-it stabilizer, ordered a custom black, pink, and grey wrist sling off ebay, a trufire hurricane hybrid web pink release, a half dozen pink Victory V-force arrows with pink and white zebra wraps, 6 pink Sonic 100 grain broadheads, and then to top it off we found some krylon fusion paint in fairytale pink which is real faint pink like the bow and She had an old Fred Bear quiver that we had installed on her first bow. My Dad spray painted it pink and then did a custom camo paint job. We could've bought a factory pink quiver but this one means so much more to me because dad made it. It was a lot of trouble finding all the pieces, but it's worth it when she shoots and/or bowhunts with me.

[​IMG]

2. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Goog looking bow, I've been wanting to get something like that for my wife for a while but I don't know how well she would like it.

Btw that stabilizer looks like something you find at a adult store:whistle:

3. qwack smacker 1on1

qwack smacker 1on1 Well-Known Member

:fit::fit::clap:
    tickle me elmo:fit:

4. coonnutz

Oh I bet it would:whistle::biggrin:

5. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member

And you know this because?

6. Ozone

Ozone Well-Known Member

How would one know that?

7. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

That thing looks way more "girly" then it did the last time I saw it. :cool: Tell her she did a good job with it. I'll send that pic to my wife to see what she thinks. :thumb:

By the way... Great job on the quiver as well.

Brian

8. pruitt76

pruitt76 Well-Known Member

It would look better laying on top of a big deer. :thumb:

9. Nuge Fan

agreed, although I have to walk a fine line. I'd love for her to go with me more and maybe even hunt her own set sometime in the future, but I also don't want to push her to hunt when she doesn't want to. She likes to go a few times a season when it's warm, and going a few times is better than going none. However, expecting to succeed with a bow when you only go 1-5 times a season are HIGH expectations. She hasn't grasped the concept of persistence

10. dsmtuner1

dsmtuner1 Well-Known Member

Awesome, I'm sure she will like it.

btw: the stabilizer scared me also lol.

11. Nuge Fan

she does, got it back this summer and she hunted with it on October 1st, but we didn't see anything. She didn't want to go out that evening so I went and stuck a deer and she was not happy :biggrin:

12. coonnutz

Because I'm married:smack:

And I have visited the adult store on more than one occasion

13. I love her new bow :)

14. my wife loves the bow

I bought my wife a bow, mission menace, just to see if she would even like shooting. Right at the end of last season. Now she is wanting the new mathews passion ONLY BECAUSE IT IS PINK. Everything that women gets for her bow is pink. I can see now that I am not alone. I USED to have a room we called the "Man Room" Because it was all my hunting stuff, tools, etc. etc. I even had a sign above the door that said "man room" I have taken that sign down because now half of the bow stuff is pink now. Like I said, I am glad I am not the only one, haha.

My wife is making notes of all the pink things you mentioned and trying to find them on her computer. So yeah, thanks, :fit: