Mr. Green Jeans, Longbell...

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by duckfreak.freak, Dec 23, 2010.

1. Someone posted a thread about the GW's in the area. I just wanted to let ya'll know this was no B.S.! We got rapped by them on Tuesday morning close to Longbell. They checked everything we had and then some. They were watching us from across the field with binocs. They knew exactly how many we had in our party and seen alot of birds fall. But we had our limit and we were 100% legal, they had a job to do and did it well. They were real professional doing their job, no complaints here but they are in the area for sure! :up:

2. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

They are always in the area. I can count on one hand the times that I have NOT been checked at Bayou Meto in the past 3 years.

3. cuppinducks

cuppinducks Well-Known Member

I can count on 1 hand how many times I have been checked at the metro. Twice that's it!!! Guess I'm lucky

4. birdman24

birdman24 Well-Known Member

same way here..i usually hunt lower 10-15 times a year and i've been checked less than 10 times the past 5 seasons. im a midweek guy, so im sure that has a lot to do with it..? :head:

5. mmcginty19

mmcginty19 Well-Known Member

I have never been checked at the bayou. But then again I haven't hunted down there in 2 years.

6. NaturalStateNative

They are always waiting at the boat ramp to check me when I've been up since 1 am and I'm cold and tired and can't wait to go home

7. greenhead smackdown

greenhead smackdown Well-Known Member

I camped at lower for the last week and I have not seen a GW yet

8. Black OpsThe legend

Black OpsThe legend Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>www.blackopsduckcalls.c

I've been checked that many times in one day :thumb:

9. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

x2

at the ramp going, coming back, then at the tower at halowell. legal all three times so I decided to slip back in and kill another limit

10. alphamax32

alphamax32 Well-Known Member

That's because of the company u keep and also because u are special, playa!

11. NaturalStateNative

x2 and it was the same two friggin wardens!!! and still went through all the shells, plugs and whole nione yards the second time!
    Maybe I just have bad luck but that's the only place I have ever been checked I think. Not counting the "first person to shoot" award I got one lovely teal season morning. :thumb:

12. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

Longbell is the only place I've ever been checked in Bayou Meto. Once while duck hunting then another time that year with a 10 point in the back of the truck on a permit hunt. Not anywhere else though.

13. NaturalStateNative

Ive never been checked out in the woods at lower but have been at the ramp several times. Longbell I have been checked going in, while hunting, and walking back to the truck. Also have been checked at mulberry a hand full of times. I guess that's about it, longbell is the worst for me

14. jjarvis0007

jjarvis0007 Well-Known Member

I don't mind getting checked down there at all. About how long of a walk to water has it been lately?