Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stainless Ruger Bisley in 45 Colt and would like to scope it. Have you, or do you know anyone, who has used the Weaver no drill bases? They have a clamp on the front of the frame and use the rear sight screw hole I believe. Just wondering if they are stable. Any other base advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

· Premium Member
11,478 Posts
The Ruger Bisleys I've seen have fixed rear sights. Those no-tap bases normally replace an adjustable sight mechanism with the scope base mount.

If your Bisley has adjustable sights, this could work. I've never seen one like that, though.

· Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought a special production Bisley that has a 6 inch barrel, adjustible rear sight, and a nonfluted cylinder. I've had it about 5 years. Always used it for a 'riding gun but would like to scope it and shoot a whitetail with it. Are the clamp sights solid or do I need to have it drilled and tapped?

· Premium Member
11,478 Posts
I've never shot a scoped handgun that wasn't drilled and tapped (or equipped with ruger mounts), so I'm obviously not the man to help with this one!

That's a pretty special wheelgun right there, I've never seen one! I can see why you'd want to consider a no-tap setup. But honestly I've got no experience with them. I'll holler at a feller I know and get back at you in a bit...

· Administrator
90,822 Posts
I have never used the Weaver nodrill bases on a handgun. If they are B Square brand, they have a reputation for putting out good bases. My scoped handguns use the Ruger bases. I am looking at a B Square mount for a Ruger Redhawk, and like flint says, it fits in the groove for the rear sight.

· Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mr C, where did you find your B square mount? Link? I'm not set on a Weaver I just wondered if the clamp on the front with a screw in the rear sight hole would stand the recoil? Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.