Mouth Call for Predators

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Hobbshunter, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    I generally try predator calling every winter, but I have yet to ever have any luck with it. My brother used to have one of the old tape callers, and I've hunted with that some. Mostly I've used a mouth call for 2 reasons. #1, I'm cheap. #2, I'm too lazy to haul that bulky old tape caller.

Like I said, I've heard tape callers run before, so I try to sound like that. I probably call for a minute at a time and call round about every 5-10min. I generally try to stay at stand for 30min.

So since I've never had any luck with a mouth call, would anybody have any sage advice for a newb? No detail is too small, nothing is too redundant. I need to do something different. I want some yotes to die this weekend!

2. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

If you got some land I will show you everything I know Saturday. I will let you see my Foxpro in action. If I start showing you everything I know at 8:00 we should be done by 8:05. :thumb:

3. Hobbshunter

NWA
    Planning on going out to Hobbs on Sunday with my brother. I dont really have any land. The only private land I've got has cows over every inch of it. I mean thick! Wonder how they'd react to a caller?

4. btech29

btech29 Platnium Member<br>Forum Sponsor<br>Stud Duck

They act like a bunch of fools. They will come right in to a caller. It beats anything I ever seen. Im a man of reason and there is no reason for that crap. I called Madison County Refuge yesterday. Its tough calling in the timber but you can do it. You just cant see far enough. Good luck tomorrow. :up:

5. Hobbshunter

NWA
    I've thought about going out to Mad Co WMA. I think you can even use centerfires there since it's AGFC owned. I would like to get out tomorrow and Sunday, but I'm gonna have to play it by ear with the wife.

Thanks for the offer! Hopefully, I'll be able to make it to one of your KS trips and learn something (or at least have a good time).

6. MrPunem

MrPunem Well-Known Member

Do you have to have a permit to hunt coyotes out there? Or just deer? I've been looking for a good place to predator hunt in nwa and not to far from Hobbs. And did you all get anything?