Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, here is another "end of the season" shoot. Come to Mountain Home on the weekend of the 20th and 21st. They have it on both days, you decide which day you wanna shoot it. It is a great range, with some down hill shots and alot of flat shots too. If you guys are interested and need directions just let me know.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL ok lets see.. The where: It is at the Twin Lakes gun club, which is about 8 miles outside Mtn. Home. You can go to www.twinlakesgunclub.com for directions. The when: Sat. Sept. 20th and/or Sun. Sept. 21st you decide which day you wanna shoot. sign in is 10-2. $12.00 with a bonus and money myst. target. There are campgrounds, resorts and hotels/motels in Mtn. Home and some of the surrounding towns. That cover it for ya??:wink:

Who
What
When
Where
How to get there (maps to range) with unmistakable landmarks :head:
Cost to shoot
Local campsights, motels, couches etc.

·
Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner
2,657 Posts
:cool: That's a start down the right path. :biggrin:

What I wasn't looking for was 'Farmer's Directions'. :confused:

You know the kind that starts out with "Well now, let's see here...
Ya keep on head'n down this away til ya come to some chicken houses
but don't pay them no mind cause you ain't gonna turn there. A little
farther down thataway ya gonna see a big white oak on your left, turn
right there...." :head:........well you know how rest goes:wink:

Yep them directions and information will probably get me there as long
as nothing gets in the way.

Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I can give ya directions like that if'n ya realy want. Part of it could go like this, go past the field with all the deer that no one is allowed to hunt cuz the guy wont let us...LOL

:cool: That's a start down the right path. :biggrin:

What I wasn't looking for was 'Farmer's Directions'. :confused:

You know the kind that starts out with "Well now, let's see here...
Ya keep on head'n down this away til ya come to some chicken houses
but don't pay them no mind cause you ain't gonna turn there. A little
farther down thataway ya gonna see a big white oak on your left, turn
right there...." :head:........well you know how rest goes:wink:

Yep them directions and information will probably get me there as long
as nothing gets in the way.

Thanks

·
Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner
2,657 Posts
:biggrin:I poke fun at people about giving directions but let me tell a true story about such as this.

A buddy and I had been hunting in the Piney Creeks WMA off Hwy. 16 and
on the way home to Cabot we decided to take the Forest Service and County roads just for a change of scenery.

Somewhere North of Morrilton in the National Forest we stopped on one of these graded dirt roads to discuss our next turn and this car going the opposite direction stops.

The guy driving said something about thinking we were someone he knows and while he was there I asked him how much farther Morrilton or Interstate 40 was down the road.

Well he thinks for a minute then turns to the gal sitting in the passenger seat and ask her. She thinks for a minute then ask a young man sitting in the back seat. He thinks for a minute then ask an older woman also sitting in the back seat. She thinks on it then taps the driver on the shoulder ask the very same question.:cool:

That question was asked a total of 5 times and went completely around the inside of that car.......:smack:

My buddy and I looked at each other, shook our heads and said thanks and drove off before they could ask us.:rolleyes:

True Story :wink:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL thats funny right there i dont care who you are...LOL

:biggrin:I poke fun at people about giving directions but let me tell a true story about such as this.

A buddy and I had been hunting in the Piney Creeks WMA off Hwy. 16 and
on the way home to Cabot we decided to take the Forest Service and County roads just for a change of scenery.

Somewhere North of Morrilton in the National Forest we stopped on one of these graded dirt roads to discuss our next turn and this car going the opposite direction stops.

The guy driving said something about thinking we were someone he knows and while he was there I asked him how much farther Morrilton or Interstate 40 was down the road.

Well he thinks for a minute then turns to the gal sitting in the passenger seat and ask her. She thinks for a minute then ask a young man sitting in the back seat. He thinks for a minute then ask an older woman also sitting in the back seat. She thinks on it then taps the driver on the shoulder ask the very same question.:cool:

That question was asked a total of 5 times and went completely around the inside of that car.......:smack:

My buddy and I looked at each other, shook our heads and said thanks and drove off before they could ask us.:rolleyes:

True Story :wink:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.