Arkansas Hunting banner

Moultree Camera

1K views 16 replies 17 participants last post by  Manybeards 
#1 ·
The new Moultree cameras are terrible, I loved the old ones, but the new ones are terrible. Battery doesnt last, fuzzy pictures, terrible trigger speed. Do not buy one. Moultree if you want to make it up to me ,contact me.

#3 ·
Just as with any product, some will be lemons....

I have had some good Moultries, and I have had some bad Moultries...

took the bad ones back for exchange for new ones.... they were ok.

Some may be more reliable than others, or have fewer defective units than others, but all products of all types have a certain percentage of defects.

Just the nature of the beast.........

#5 ·
I was thinkin about getting one of the $120 jobs from Moultrie. I've had one of their cameras before and preferred my cheap StealthCam over my cheap Moultrie.

It was a battery murderer.

However, to go digital I'd go cheap...hopefully, won't get a lemon though.

#6 ·
We bought 3 of the Moultrie 40's last year, along with a Stealthcam with the viewer. Although the Stealthcam is a better camera (clearer pics, temp stamp, and viewer) I much prefer the Moultrie because you can buy 3 of them ($80 - $100 depending on where you buy) for the price of the Stealthcam. Although the shutter speed is not great, you cannot beat the quality pictures for the price.

We keep two sets of SD cards per camera. We just replace the one in the camera with a fresh one every time. We view the pics on our computer, save the good ones, clear the cards, and they are ready to go the next time.

#10 ·
Getting greatpics with my new Moultrie D40.......battery life is questionable right now...it's been out for over a month, and battery was only down to 60% last weekend...gonna be a month before I can go back and check it...but with over 300 pics in 2 weeks, and only using 40% battery in 30 days, in this heat...that's not bad!!!!

#13 ·
I have 8 of them running full time, battery life is pretty good. I get a month out of a set of batteries and this with taking 800 pics per camera a week.

I have had 2 go bad the past year but Moultrie had them back to me in less than 2 weeks from mail off time.

Bass Pro is running a sale on these right now for like 69.95.

For the money they are the best camera on the market.

When you get a bad one send it back. I can deal with some failures for what these cost.

#14 ·
Cam

I have 2 of the new moultrie I40 infrared cameras and they are great. I have had them out for over a month and they have taken over 2000 pics each. Battery life is still at 85%. I also have 3 D40 cameras that are aweful. I have had them for 3 years and now they will not even take a picture. You can walk, jump or move all around a foot infront of them and they will not flash. I have sent them all back atleast once and they always send them back repaired. They will last for a month or so then go back to not working. So if you can get the I40 infrared they work great.

#15 ·
My uncle bought one with infared and said battery life is great and pictures look really good. I had some older ones but I let one sit with batteries in it over the summer and they leaked and ruined the camera. Also had an older one that got ruined by a shotgun.... It was probably my favorite one and someone came through shot my cousin's stand and the camera and ripped the steps to the stand down:mad: Never could pull the pictures off the camera to catch who did it but I stick by these cameras...never had any problems and we have had 4.

#16 ·
I don't have any experience with the newer Moultrie cams. The only ones that I have are the older models with the 6 volt batteries. My dad and I both use them and have had no problems with them other than the trigger speed is a little slow (not really a problem when placed over bait) and the flash pictures have saucer eyes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.