Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercury 2004 short shaft electric start....orginal owner....serviced annually with new fluids and spark plugs....ballistic stainless steel prop 13p....straight prop shaft....

whats something like the worth.....more or less what would you be willing to pay?

I see them advertised for $1800-2000....is that legit?

I was thinking of selling for $1500

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
list it for 20% more than you will take for it. its worth what someone will pay for it...

It's worth what the market wants to pay for it.

Being almost springtime, it'll get a little more attention.
It's arkansas-duck hunting capital of the world. That helps the value too (if it's 25 hp)

It's a merc. It may not bring quite as much as a Mega or Yamaha. 4 stroke tends to bring a little more $$$ from the more mature guys who like to fish more than hunt (like myself). Electric start is going to be more desirable as well.

How bad does it need to be sold? That affects how much you're willing to take for it. So does it's condition. If a seller can sit on it a while and turn down offers, sooner or later the "right" buyer will show up and want it. That is, unless it's WAY overpriced to begin with, and typically it won't get even a single bite if that's the case.

Some of them are advertised at $1800-$2000, but what did they sell for (if they even sold)? I sold a Yamaha 4 stroke 25 a while back...stock prop...great shape but faded cowling, and got $2000 out of it. Then I sold a 2 stroke (25esh) and figured it'd go for around 2 bills, sat on it almost a year and finally got tired of screwing with it...let it go for $1600. Just as I said, the market sets the value, and the market changes by the minute.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah its 2 stroke.....in excellent shaped....I figured I would put it out there $1600-$1700 and land somewhere around $1500, motor runs perfect

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it just depends......this one does have a $350 Ballistic Prop, a Solas SS prop, and the original Aluminum Prop, quicksilver oil, lower unit oil and pump, all going with it....owns manual and everything so it should but you never know...

I hope so...I done bought the other motor....cant run two haha

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what did you get?
Suzuki 25hp short shaft.....Im have deck extension and floor put in my WE....getting rid of the gun box....basically wanted a little more power for the load....always 2-3 people and dog.....plus later on if I decide to sell the zuke will bring more

·
Super Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner
2,316 Posts
awesome...id love to have one of those motors....but poor folks got poor ways :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Hahaha. Yall must have not noticed that he spent the last two weeks really pumping up the mercury while it was listed on the interwebs for sale at the same time. Can't blame him for trying to boost the price and getting a motor that just makes more sense if you haul more than 1 person around.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sell out? I still got two mercs......one is on father n laws boat and the other had a blowed cylinder and is parts motor.....I love as merc and they are stout motors reliable to a T!!!....will always brag em up and help anybody set em up....but between my dad and two brother n laws im the only one with a duck boat....the ol merc always got us there and back no problems.....but there were some long rides that I intend to make shorter

1 - 13 of 13 Posts