Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Just my opinion, but this thread is absurd. "Why you don't like somebody?" These guys are doing what there job asks of them, put out a tv show. Some of them may be cornball or whatever on camera, but off camera they are different. Being in the industry, I have met just about all of these folks. Some are extremely polite, others seem a little stand offish.

If your going to do a thread why you don't like someone, then why not do it for a forum member, that way someone could at least defend themselves

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
Just my opinion, but this thread is absurd. "Why you don't like somebody?" These guys are doing what there job asks of them, put out a tv show. Some of them may be cornball or whatever on camera, but off camera they are different. Being in the industry, I have met just about all of these folks. Some are extremely polite, others seem a little stand offish.

If your going to do a thread why you don't like someone, then why not do it for a forum member, that way someone could at least defend themselves
:exactly:

(I wonder who would be first if we did one on "least liked forum member." :head: :biggrin:)

·
Super Moderator
7,071 Posts
I think they are fair game. They are selling a show and we decide to buy by watching or not.
I have to say Uncle Ted was a favorite show at one time. The last two years he has got so caught up in sponcers His show has gon to pot. I plan on recording one of his shows. Then I plan to count the adds verbal and visual. I bet it will be in the hundreds in just one show.

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts

Ever heard of critics??? Well here we are

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Ever heard of critics??? Well here we are
In most cases, critics critique the content, not necessarily the individual. A lot of what I haveread, are people's opinion on the person, not their "body of work"

"Ole Jackie B is a turd" or whatever. Just because he is on tv, 99% of the people on this board would wait in line if he came to a deer show around here to shake his hand and say "I love your show Jackie! Watch your show every week!" Then you would tell everyone about how you met Jackie B and he's a pretty good ole boy.

I'm not necessarily defending any of their shows or any particular individual, but if you don't like them or what they do, be man enough to send them a letter and sign your name to it.

Oh, yeah. Have ya'll seen Susiekiller? He looks like he should be in an Irish "Lord of the Dance" video with that red hair!

·
Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20
11,530 Posts
In most cases, critics critique the content, not necessarily the individual. A lot of what I haveread, are people's opinion on the person, not their "body of work"

"Ole Jackie B is a turd" or whatever. Just because he is on tv, 99% of the people on this board would wait in line if he came to a deer show around here to shake his hand and say "I love your show Jackie! Watch your show every week!" Then you would tell everyone about how you met Jackie B and he's a pretty good ole boy.

I'm not necessarily defending any of their shows or any particular individual, but if you don't like them or what they do, be man enough to send them a letter and sign your name to it.

Oh, yeah. Have ya'll seen Susiekiller? He looks like he should be in an Irish "Lord of the Dance" video with that red hair!
Trust me I'm man enough to tell the hi way flay way guys to their face that they suck.

Now
on the critique side, what really turned me off was when they were in a gas station and belittled a cashier clerk for not knowing who their dumb a.. was

·
Banned
7,034 Posts
critique of 'tv personality' David Blanton:

Whines too much when hunts dont go perfect.
Yeah, it is a tough job..no doubt about that. But this dude is getting to hunt places and more often than most of us can only dream about. One episode on realtree his whining was pathetic. Editor should have probably cut that out of the show.

I have read/heard that in real life this guy is a decent individual.

·
Super Moderator
8,353 Posts
I really don't care for any of them. I do not like the concept of taking the sport of hunting and fishing then commercializing it to the point of any thing to make a dollar. I call them scam and spam shows. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

It had more to do with the shows, but if you talk about their shows, you are going to talk about the person. Some seem genuine, some don't. Some get excited, some don't. Some have pitiful footage and terrible edits that make the whole show awful, some are great. That's what I was looking for.

I started a different post about who was your favorite and I knew it would lead to who they didn't like, just like the Jackie Bushman post.

I doubt many of them care what the public thinks about their shows, because of the number of pitiful shows that are on TV these days. I have a few that are my favorites, but there are far more I don't like.

It was just a post about what shows you didn't like. If I didn't word it that way, that was my mistake. It wasn't personal, sorry to get you so excited.

·
Premium Member
17,138 Posts

I'm nominate myself:

Ya'll have at it and I'll do my best to defend myself.

·
Super Moderator
9,908 Posts
Let's see...I can't stand and turn the channel if I see...

Jackie Bushman, Roger Raglin, or Jim Zumbo...

The content of their shows is fine...I just don't like their personalities.

It is still okay to not like someone nowadays isn't it? :up:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.