Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever used a mossberg 702 plinkster .22 rifle? I saw one at Gander mountain today and it looked like a pretty neat rifle. It only weighed 4 pounds with a scope. My daughter is wanting a pink crikett rifle (weighs 2.5lbs), but I think she would be better off with the mossberg if it is any good. Plus the mossberg is about $40 cheaper. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Sportsmanetc

·
Registered
623 Posts
i have one. i paid 91$ for it at wal mart 3 years ago. it is a very reliable rifle and it is TOUGH. i used mine for coon hunting because it is so light. it has been stomped in the mud, shut in truck doors, and clawed on by hounds, but it is still going and it doesn't look too bad. they are also very accurate. i have out shot 597 remingtons and 10/22 rugers with it. i have shot at least 10 bricks (5500 rounds, because i buy the cheap box of federals with 550 in a box) through it with very few jams. it will jam occasionally when the mags are new, but once the springs in them weaken slightly, it will not jam. they are a little hard to put back together after cleaning though...

i highly recommend one
luke:up:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I went ahead and bought her the Crikett rifle. I found one at Wal-mart on sell even cheaper than the mossberg. The clerk at Wal-mart said they had gotten 10 pink little rifles in on Monday and by Friday ( the day I bought Beth's), they had sold all but two. They have had the laminant stock for months and no sales. Beth does not know about it because it is for her birthday in October (she will be six). These rifles come with a built in safety lock, which needs a key. Excellent for those curious little hands.
Sportsmanetc

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.