Morningside Hog Doggers

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by Beaucephus, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Beaucephus

Beaucephus Well-Known Member

NWA
    My buddies and I have been trying to put together some dogs on a tight budget. EAch of us bought two dogs. We got them together this weekend and it worked great. We only got one boar killed. I tried tying it but my piggin string was a little short. We bayed 20 plus hogs twice. The first time all the dogs went with the same hog but the second time when they broke dogs went everywhere. I'll keep everyone updated. Hopefully it just gets better
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2010
  2. hogkiller45

hogkiller45 Well-Known Member

Looks like yall had a good start.Good lookin hog also. congrats

3. Tushhawg

Tushhawg Well-Known Member

Man thats a great hog.:up: That looks like it was a pretty bay out there in the wide open. We dont get that very often around here, its usually in the worst thicket you could imagine.:smack: So did you catch the boar because you said you tryed to tye him first?? Great hog and it sounds like yall have found you some good find dogs.:clap:

4. Beaucephus

NWA
    yeah Snorty98 threw it and I went to tying which resulted in it getting stuck. It was definitely a pretty bay. They bayed for 5 mins while we were there before the one we killed decided to make a run for it.

5. Tony Harris

Tony Harris Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi Staff Member

Good pics and good job the pig. :up:

6. dogs worked great, had good company and killed a hog. Doesn't get much better than that. Ready to go again, this time we will get it tied and I want the big one.

7. catkiller

catkiller Well-Known Member

Nice job fellas! I love the name, its cute!

8. Beaucephus

NWA
    Thats actually our ranch name but we swapped out Cattle Co. for hog doggers.

9. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

Are you hunting public or private land in NWA?

10. catkiller

catkiller Well-Known Member

I figured that, ya'll compete at the rock bottom events. Just had to poke ya in the ribs a little, nothin personal.

11. Beaucephus

NWA
    Yeah we race at Rock Bottum. This is all on our ranch and our nieghbors. So yes Private Land.

12. AfterLife

AfterLife Sponsor<br>www.AboveAndBelowOutdoors.com

nice, how big a pig is that

13. THExONE

THExONE Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>2011-12 Deer Hunting

Thanks. I have heard of some on some of the public land up here I have just never seen any pictures or any in person.