Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Member<br>2010 Deer Hunting Contest Winner
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My father in law went down to camp with my son and I to see if we could see any doves for next weekend. IP burned about 300 acres last fall and we figured there would be plenty of forage for the birds. The dang ragweed is chest high! ended up seeing three doves flying. Don't know if the storm's going to push some birds on our lease or not. If not I guess we'll try to shoot a squirrel. We did see 9 deer and three turkeys while scouting around. One buck had a wide spread with 10 countable points, still in velvet. My sone found a 2" arrowhead with one corner of the base chipped and I found on that had been split in half. Pretty good day.

·
Registered
89 Posts
My father in law went down to camp with my son and I to see if we could see any doves for next weekend. IP burned about 300 acres last fall and we figured there would be plenty of forage for the birds. The dang ragweed is chest high! ended up seeing three doves flying. Don't know if the storm's going to push some birds on our lease or not. If not I guess we'll try to shoot a squirrel. We did see 9 deer and three turkeys while scouting around. One buck had a wide spread with 10 countable points, still in velvet. My sone found a 2" arrowhead with one corner of the base chipped and I found on that had been split in half. Pretty good day.
Sounds like you had an excellant day like you I hope the storm doesn't mess up the dove either. Good luck and good hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.