Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
53,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sen. McCain Champions Illegal Aliens & Business
Lobbyists Over American Working Families
• Nearly every time there is a choice, Sen. McCain favors business lobbyists’
desires for foreign workers vs. protecting American workers’
wages and jobs. View his voting record at:
http://grades.betterimmigration.com/compare.php3?District=AZ&Category=5&Status=Career&VIPID=33
• John McCain’s hopes of giving permanent residency to millions of illegal aliens will
saddle American taxpayers with huge costs. A 2007 Heritage Foundation study
found that a household headed by the typical high-school-drop-out illegal alien costs
taxpayers a net of about $20,000 for every year allowed to stay in this country.
• McCain has taken the pro-amnesty position in nearly two dozen
votes and co-sponsorships. View the long list at:
http://grades.betterimmigration.com/testgradescategory.php3?District=AZ&Category=4&Status=Career&VIPID=33
• For six years after the 9/11 attacks, McCain held our border security as a
hostage to his desires for amnesty. He was willing to work to secure our borders and
try to prevent illegal immigration ONLY if it was tied to providing permanent residency
for illegal aliens already here. Our borders are still sieves.
For the last 2 years, John McCain & Ted Kennedy were the
key leaders trying to ram a path to citizenship for millions of
illegal aliens through Congress.
• Sen. McCain claims it is not amnesty to give illegal aliens U.S. citizenship if they have to
pay a fine and learn English. Whatever he chooses to call it, allowing illegal aliens
to keep the very things they broke the law to obtain – U.S. residency
and an American job – is an incredibly generous reward for violating the rule of law.
• After his leadership for amnesties caused his Presidential
campaign to collapse last spring, McCain said he “got the message” from the
voters and no longer pushes rewarding illegal aliens ahead of everything else. He says he
wants to secure our borders first. But he only promises to make 2 million of the 12-20
million illegal aliens go home.
McCain has the worst Republican platform for
ending future illegal immigration

http://www.betterimmigration.com/candidates/2006/prez08_gop1.html
Prepared by www.NumbersUSA.com and www.CongressGrades.org

·
Registered
262 Posts
Ya know, as far as politicians are concerned, the American people just about don't have a chance.
Mallardmaster, sure the American people have a chance. Who are you supporting? Are you active in the political process? How many of your friends have you emailed and asked for their support for a particular candidate? How many $$$$$ have you contributed to your favorite Presidential candidate? Have you gone to any Presidential candidates website and read what they stand for, and stood for in the past. Do you keep up with the Presidential primary contests such as the one held in South Carolina yesterday? If you answer no to the questions above I can understand why you feel this way.:wink:

www.mikehuckabee.com

·
Select Member<br>2010-11 Deer Hunting Contest Winn
3,599 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Before I start please don't take anything I state here as supporting one candidate over any others. I personally think they are all pretty much worthless.

I moved here from Arizona several yrs ago. In Az McCains poop don't stink to the voters but you have to realize that the majority of the voters there are over 60. There are more retirement communities in and around Phoenix than you can count. When McCain comes to Phoenix he is always on the call in radio show and it never fails that all the old guys calll in to give him praise and kudos.

Anytime someone calls in with difficult questions on pertinent issues McCain always dodged the question and scolded the caller with his history as a POW.

Don't anyone here take offense!!! I'm a vet, I'm glad he served, and I thank him and anyone else that also served. My point is that every single time he was on the radio he always dodged questions and brought up his POW experience.

I would rather not vote or would write in a vote for Mickey Mouse before I ever was to cast a vote for him.

·
Registered
262 Posts
livz2hunt - Have you lived in Arkansas for the last 10 years? Just curious, as your simi-blind support for Huckabee really puzzles me.

While Mick Huckabee is better than Hillary Clinton, it is kind of a shame (and maybe an insult) to have to look to Hillary as a comparison to make a candidate look good!

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/AnnCoulter/2007/12/26/liberals_sing_huckelujah?page=1
Yes i've lived in Arkansas for the past 40 years. I remember especially the 10 or so previous years before Huckabee took office. This would be the Clinton/Tucker era. You remember those years don't you? It puzzles me how so many people want to criticize Mike, but they do not have anyone else in mind that is more qualified, or they at least won't throw their support to anyone.
Battman for the record, who are you supporting? You've obviously listened to Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter one too many times. Considering the above article, I would bet you are a Romney Supporter, considering that is who the establishment, big business, rehab-Rush, wallstreet crowd is favoring.:thumb:

·
53,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me point back to the topic for this thread......it is about Mr McCain and his platform regarding[illegal aliens].......not left/right bickering.....so Livz; how about you trying to follow along this line, okay?

·
Super Moderator<br>2012-13 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
11,017 Posts
I have to agree with MM on this one. After Uncle Mikey got elected to his second term he turned into an arrogant jerk. Would not answer accusations against him, would not support the State Police in their investagation of his son, made it clear he would not disclose his finances on gifts. You can find out how I feel about Mitt if you watch September Dawn. I saw several Hillary signs in yards along Narrows Rd that cuts through from Crows to Lonsdale, bout threw up my Sonic foot long Coney with Cheese just thinking about that. John Edwards I fear would run the other way if it came to a fight. McCain...illegals...:smack:

Why do we not have a solid canidate anymore. It seems we have to choose the lessor of evils when picking whom to support. Right now...if I had vote today...I'd stay at work cause none of them are worth a :censored:

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
There are men out there seeking the job that adhere to what all swear to adhere to, the Constitution. They do not, however, have a microphone in their face everywhere they go, so the media sluffs them off as some sort of radical, and the sheeple buy into it.

Men will awaken only when the pain is rampant.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I guess it comes down to who I can tolerate for the next 4 years. I don't think I could stand listening to the Hildebeast for the next 4 years.

·
53,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess it comes down to who I can tolerate for the next 4 years. I don't think I could stand listening to the Hildebeast for the next 4 years.
I know that's right...I nearly tore up every TV remote I had when GB got elected...............I'm throwing away all my TVs if Martin Luther Obama gets in.:cool:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
That woman makes my skin crawl when she speaks. I realize that has nothing to do with politics. I don't know why, but I just can't stand her.

I suppose the USA is ready for a woman president, but I hope it ain't THAT woman!

·
Registered
9,371 Posts
I know that's right...I nearly tore up every TV remote I had when GB got elected...............I'm throwing away all my TVs if Martin Luther Obama gets in.:cool:
Let's clarify that, Martin Luther KING Obama...not to be confused with the Martin Luther of the Reformation...please!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts