Monster Killed in Des Arc

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by HuntMasterFlex, Nov 28, 2012.

1. HuntMasterFlex

HuntMasterFlex Well-Known Member

Anyone know if this is true?

Attached Files:

2. chrisDXT

chrisDXT Well-Known Member

beebe

3. Preston

Preston Well-Known Member

Think it was killed in louisianna, its on another thread on hear

4. AR_deerslayer

AR_deerslayer Well-Known Member

wow ...who knows .....I do know des arc has the potential ...prob be my number one pick of area if I could own 1000 acres anywhere ...I hunt less than ten mins from there and there are monsters killed there every year

5. Manybeards

Manybeards Premium Member<br>2009 Turkey Contest Winner<br>20

SOmeone else posted it killed at the shooting grounds

6. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

I remember the LSU hat being referenced.

7. jsilver919

jsilver919 Well-Known Member

heck at first glance I thought it was a dang mule deer! if that was taken around here that is a deer of a lifetime

8. Whitetailfreak7

Whitetailfreak7 Well-Known Member

It was killed in Louisiana....trust me

9. Juice

Juice Well-Known Member

Is that tree behind one of this buck's rubs? Looks like its been scarred a little. Awesome deer.

10. Greyhound

Greyhound Well-Known Member

Killed at Davis Isle in LA last year. Scored 163. Mounted by McGough's Taxidermy in West Monroe, LA.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  11. mikebri

mikebri Well-Known Member

12. jublain

jublain Well-Known Member

That pic has made its way around here. That deer was killed in LA.

13. jublain

jublain Well-Known Member

But the word on the street is there was a biggin killed over towards beulah. I havent seen any pics yet.

14. ouachita22

ouachita22 Member<br>2011 Photo Contest Winner

heard the same thing and even heard wildman Wilson reference it the other morning on the radio

15. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

Jublain, the word on the street is correct. There was a big one killed over in that neck of the woods on public land that is a hoss, 27 inch spread, 11 point, massive set of horns. Been told it could be right near the top of the list for typical deer harvested in Arkansas by what measuring has been done. Some have said it has been taped in the 190's! Don't know that for fact, just what has been told. And want to hear something crazy, if it does happen to be a new Arkansas typicial record by chance, would it not be strange that 2 people with the same last name would hold both records, typicial & non-typical cause the guy who killed this one is the brother of the current over-all record holder for this state.

16. caseyskarda

caseyskarda Active Member

Im from des arc and been told its a non typical killed across river that is pushing 245

17. swampdonkey01

swampdonkey01 Well-Known Member

18. duck

duck Well-Known Member

I just kinda smell a rat on this whole deal. That looks like a Canada deer or something. Something just dont seem right.

19. swampdonkey01

swampdonkey01 Well-Known Member

The one in this post isn't from Arkansas. The other deer mentioned was killed north of the white river. Sure wish someone could come up with some pics of this beast.