Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Sports Acadamey looking around and bought a box of 20 rounds, 243 Win @ $13 a box. 100 grain soft point, 2950 FPS vel. I was just going to shoot it at targets, standing, kneeling and prone position getting ready for the hunting season. Anybody ever shoot this stuff. It is made in Serbia :rolleyes: I don't think I will keep the brass for reloading.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
I was in Sports Acadamey looking around and bought a box of 20 rounds, 243 Win @ $13 a box. 100 grain soft point, 2950 FPS vel. I was just going to shoot it at targets, standing, kneeling and prone position getting ready for the hunting season. Anybody ever shoot this stuff. It is made in Serbia :rolleyes: I don't think I will keep the brass for reloading.[/QUOTE

No I have'nt, I try to stick to brand names.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I normally hand load all of my ammo but for $13 I figure I would see how accurate and just plink with it. My 243 and my 300 win mag are both Weatherby Vanguards and I shoot both equally well. The 243 of course is a lot milder round and cheaper. The Mayflower Rifle range will undergo construction this Monday and will be out of commission for the next couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
17,142 Posts
I normally hand load all of my ammo but for $13 I figure I would see how accurate and just plink with it. My 243 and my 300 win mag are both Weatherby Vanguards and I shoot both equally well. The 243 of course is a lot milder round and cheaper. The Mayflower Rifle range will undergo construction this Monday and will be out of commission for the next couple of weeks.
Yea, for $13 you might be surprised.you won't be out much $ if not any good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.