MOJO or no MOJO

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by halfcocked, Dec 21, 2010.

1. halfcocked

halfcocked Well-Known Member

How many people turn their Mojos on and off a dozen times every hunt to see if they are keeping the ducks from finishing?? :head: I leave them at the camp some mornings just so I don't have to worry about it. :banghead:

2. cwiz

cwiz Well-Known Member

Worked like a charm before the split, now they flare more than they help.

3. green_head_getter

green_head_getter Super Member<br>2010 Bowhunting Contest Winner

I do all the time halfcocked. Don't even carry it half the time. The way I see it the ones that don't flare woulda came i'n anyway

4. tlewi24

tlewi24 Well-Known Member

I'm curious to know if you had five or six out if the ducks would fall right in from all heights like they do in their videos or if it was just the right hole that day. :razz:

5. cwiz

cwiz Well-Known Member

I did however try something with it the other day and it made a difference. I stuck it in the ground at a downward angle and had its head in the water and the wings clipped the water and made a lot of ripple, kinda looked cool and worked.

6. jcblough

jcblough Well-Known Member

I put mine out alot, but if ducks flare or on pass my decoys, it is the first thing I change.

7. theplayer

theplayer Well-Known Member

I used mine 1 time in a hole about 300 yards away from me to keep ducks from going in that hole because there were 2 places they wanted to be. I figured if I had the mojo in 1 hole it would keep them from sitting on the water in that hole. After the hunt I went over to pick it up and about 10 mallards were sitting about 30 yards from the thing while it was spinning the whole time. You never know with those things. I have seen them work well before but now I think ducks are wise to them.

8. armyguy

armyguy Well-Known Member

My personal opinion is that they are only good the first of the season(1st split). After that I think they flare the ducks off. Just my:twocents:

9. cwiz

cwiz Well-Known Member

I agree

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Well-Known Member

MOJO..:biggrin::biggrin:

Theres a time to use them and a time not too obviously!, I havent been using one lately, has been flaring ducks in the field, NOW hunting timber its usually your best attention getter all year! :up:

11. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

They're legal so I use them. :biggrin:

12. NaturalStateNative

NaturalStateNative Well-Known Member

But.. But nothing, I will use them!

I think if the conditions are right, they can make an otherwise "C" grade hunt bump up to about a "B-"
    A mojo simply will not turn an "F" day into an "A" day.
    On the otherhand, they CAN turn an otherwise "A" day into an "F" day by keeping the first few groups from finishing and the ducks stop flying before you realize what is wrong.
    Personally, I would rather not use them

13. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

im glad someone else is noticing them flair, i also thought that the ducks were flairing with them.

14. clane72286

clane72286 Well-Known Member

If u use one you are admitting u cant kill ducks with out them and you prolly also like to tree top birds.