MO Opener

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting' started by JR1, Apr 16, 2018 at 4:39 AM.

1. JR1

JR1 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

27 degrees and 15 mph winds as I type this. High through noon of 39 and gusts up to 25mph.

Not exactly the picture perfect forecast but I'm so thankful to have the opportunity to be out enjoying God's wonderful creation.

2. luckless

luckless Member Forum Sponsor 2011 Turkey Contest Winner

Yeah - slept in that mess last night. It was pretty rough.

3. Hivernan

Hivernan Well-Known Member

About time for a dead turkey pic....

4. JR1

Dad got one. I've only heard one. Its brutal.

5. Susieshooter

Susieshooter Well-Known Member

I'm supposed to be heading to northern Missouri Friday evening to hunt till Wednesday!! Can't wait!! Good Luck!!

6. Hobbshunter

Hobbshunter Well-Known Member

NWA
    Weathers nice in nwa right now. Bet it’ll be a good morning tomorrow. Good luck!

7. davglo35

davglo35 Super Member<br>2015 Spring Turkey Team Contest Wi

I heard a bunch of gobblers this morning. Some would answe me and some wouldn't. None of them woud commit. Should be better the rest of the week. Warmer temps and beautiful weather.

8. MO HUNTER

MO HUNTER Well-Known Member

NWA
    Monday morning next week will be banging! Solid rain on Sunday and then nice on Monday morning. Leaving out tomorrow for 8 days!

Stigall likes this.
  9. Arkiehunter74

Arkiehunter74 Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2015 Sprin

Good luck, the weather does look good for you. I leave out Thursday for seven days in Kansas/Nebraska.

MO HUNTER likes this.
  10. MO HUNTER

NWA
    How are the birds working up there? This morning felt pretty good outside. Early reports: NO leaves, birds still grouped up in fall patterns, gobblers not talking on the ground much. You seeing anything different.

11. JR1

That's the exact report I'd give. Big bunches of birds. Pretty decent roost gobbling. Very quiet after that. 4 of us have actually worked only two birds in two days. And one of those was off the roost.

Third week ought to be killer up here.

12. MO HUNTER

NWA
    Hopefully this week will split them up. I'm thinking Monday, of next week, will be good. What part of the state are u in?

13. JR1

South central. I'd say anything north of 44 is in for a long season. I'll be real anxious to see harvest numbers.

MO HUNTER likes this.
  14. bradmiller1989

bradmiller1989 Well-Known Member

Me and my wife are heading up there next weekend. Hopefully you guys leave us a few lol. Goodluck!

MO HUNTER likes this.