MLB off-season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by southARbuck, Dec 1, 2017.

1. southARbuck

southARbuck Well-Known Member

Saw a rumor where the Cards met with Stantons reps

2. tmeredith

tmeredith Platinum Member Redneck Slum Lord

Yall ever eat at whipper snappers? I've only been to branson once in my life and we ate there

3. southARbuck

Never heard of it.
    Been to Landrys, starvin marvins a few times.

4. tmeredith

You need to check it out. All you can eat whole lobsters and crab kegs!
    I heard about stantins meeting with the cards. I also heard Miami is putting pressure on him to leave. They say they are trading off everybody and if he doesn't leave he may be the only Marlin to even get a hot next year. Matbe thet'll get him motivated to take a deal.

5. southARbuck

Ill check it out T.
    Did y'all see where the Marlins fired a scout while he was in the hospital fighting cancer?
    We allowed Taylor Davis to become a FA as well. I liked his personality and sense of humor.

6. southARbuck

Expectation s for the Yankees with a new manager? Boone

7. tmeredith

Didn't see that about the firing. Don't surprise me in todays world though.

southARbuck likes this.
  8. Hooked Spurs

Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

As far as Cubs relievers go, I figured Grimm was gone and Rondon safe for the time being, but didn't happen. I hope they do re-sign Duesning.
    He was very consistent for them. And hopefully Wilson will find his consitency next season.

southARbuck likes this.
  9. southARbuck

Japanese star ruled Yankees out. That's huge!

10. southARbuck

Gotta find that command! I was a little disappointed with Wilson and Rondon made me nervous every time he got the call. As we sit now, my expectations are kinda low for 2018. Need pitching... BAD. How long before we start using the two big name pitchers we got in the draft?

11. southARbuck

Looks like I need to learn to spell the Japanese guys name as the Cubs are a finalist. Shohei Ohtani

12. southARbuck

Winter meetings and the chips will start falling. It has been beyond boring this off season although just saw a pic of a slimmed down of K.S.

firehog and Hooked Spurs like this.
  13. Hooked Spurs

Hooked Spurs Well-Known Member

I have a good feeling about Schwarber in 2018. I feel like (hoping at least) that he tweaks what he needs to and gets back to form. He just did not look comfortable at the plate this past season. In a lot of his at bats just his expressions and demeanor didn't look right. Maybe he was pressing to hard and the pressure became too great. IF they don't suprise us and trade him to an AL team. You think there is a chance of that?

Off season has been slow for sure!! I hope they re-sign Arrieta, and then add maybe a Cobb. They can't pay Ohtani as much of a signing bonus as other teams due to what they paid out last season, but hopefully they can sell him on being a Cub. He's affordable for now, so would be an awesome pick up. I'd be leery of betting on him as an ace or top two right now, and that's what they need, especially if they lose Arrieta.

From what I read, those young guys are still a little ways out. Hopefully at least a couple of them pan out down the road.

southARbuck likes this.
  14. Whiskey River

Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

Cubs signed Tyler Chatwood to a 3yr deal today. Schwarber has been working on slimming down. Got to give him credit... he puts in the work. Hoping it pays off for him this coming season.

Hooked Spurs and southARbuck like this.
  15. southARbuck

Been kinda busy today and haven't got to check on the rest of MLB, but I did read some on Chatwood. We gotta keep digging for pitching unless they know something I don't

16. Whiskey River

Whiskey River Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winner<br>2

I see it’s been reported Stanton will not waive no trade clause to Cards or Giants. Four teams only... Dodgers, Yanks, Cubs, or Astros. Bet he ends up a Yankee.

17. southARbuck

Dang Angels. Supposedly got Ohtani. And I really dislike their fans. They may be the worst I have ever been around

18. southARbuck

Something tells me you are right

19. gutshot

gutshot Well-Known Member

I’m gonna guess the Dodgers for Stanton. I feel like the Yankees have been moving payroll the last couple of years to prepare for the 2018 free agent class....Bryce Harper or Manny Machado being the possible targets for them there.

20. gutshot

gutshot Well-Known Member

Cardinals just made it official they are out on Stanton. That should give The best fans in baseball the green light to go ahead and trash him for everything he’s worth like they did Pujols and Heyward.