Missouri Mountain Lion shot & killed .22

Discussion in 'General Hunting Topics' started by tony r, Jan 3, 2011.

1. alexanderg23

alexanderg23 Well-Known Member

NWA
    Lion w a 22 guy must have been raised inAR. Kind of reminds me of the world record grizzly w a 22

2. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

Hard to beat a good 22:thumb:

3. sam

sam Grand Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>

Quote from article:

"
    The cats are common in western states, with a few in South Dakota, western Texas and Florida. Individuals show up in Nebraska, Iowa, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas and Illinois.
    "

4. tony r

tony r Moderator<br>Bowhunting<br>Guns, Ammunition, Reloa

:fit::fit::fit:

5. DeLancey

DeLancey Well-Known Member

No one "AGFC" will take the claim of having them until one is killed here :fit:

6. Hitman35

Hitman35 Active Member

I know for a fact they are here.

7. thomasw_lrd

thomasw_lrd Well-Known Member

But notice how the article states they are only wanderers. No breeding population. That's what always gets me. We may have some, but they don't really live here. I don't know about you, but hiking all the way from Montana to Missouri is a very long way to go, "looking for love." I know there was at least one in the Southern Ozarks of Missouri. We saw it leap off a bluff, hit the center line of a two lane highway, then leap all the way across to the the other side. Scared the crap out of us.

I don't know about you, but I've never heard of a lot of mountain lions being hit by cars in the western states. There is just too much forest land in the Ozarks for them to never even get close to a road.

8. ozark outdoorsman

ozark outdoorsman Account Suspended

:fit:

9. Ozark hunter

Ozark hunter Well-Known Member

i thought they recently acknowledged they were in the state when the last game cam picture surfaced... and no, not the one with the monster

10. Vern Humphrey

Vern Humphrey Well-Known Member

One was caught in North Little Rock a few years back. AGFC claimed it was "someone's pet that escaped."

I had a discussion with a wildlife officer.

"If I see one, I'll shoot it."

"If you do, you'll go to jail."

"No I won't -- legally I can shoot any animal depredating or about to depredate on my property."

"You'll have to turn the carcass over to us."

"No, I won't. Your position is 'it's someone's escaped pet.' I'll have the sheriff seize the carcass for damages, have the hide tanned and hold it until the owner shows up and pays the damages."

11. GH1

GH1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't buy that bit about the wanderer either. If there's boys then there's girls.
    GH1:biggrin:

12. Vern Humphrey

Vern Humphrey Well-Known Member

It reminds me of the scientific study on Adam and Eve. Mitochorndrial DNA studies show we are all descended from the same woman, who lived in Africa. Years after that was announced, more sophisticated DNA analysis showed we are all descended from the same man. The news release said, "He probably also lived in Africa."

A friend commented, "Either that or he had a dingus about 3,000 miles long.":biggrin:

13. Marine911

Marine911 Well-Known Member

x2

14. demented

demented Well-Known Member

Don't believe much the G&F says, why should I believe this crap? They been saying the same thing for at least 20 years, didn't believe it then, don't believe it now.