Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might have an opportunity to go hunt MS ( central/ north central I think) this year.. My cost would be license and travel... Hunting private ground and lodging is free... Anyone know what license cost over there, and is it worth my time to go... I'm already going to Kansas in April... Also what are the dates/ good times to go in MS??

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
About the timing I had a guy tell me once that the locals usually hit it hard over there the first couple weekends and then start crappie fishin and his advice was to wait till the 3rd weekend of the season which would indeed be 1st part of April. I think there is some truth to this cuz I have never seen so many crappie rigs with 10 rod holders goin down the highway. Personally, I think if ur hunting private ground none of that will matter. Hit it early, they open March 15, I'll be there!!! In what area is ur private ground located? Nearest town?

·
Super Member<br>2014-2015 Deer Hunting Contest Wi
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About the timing I had a guy tell me once that the locals usually hit it hard over there the first couple weekends and then start crappie fishin and his advice was to wait till the 3rd weekend of the season which would indeed be 1st part of April. I think there is some truth to this cuz I have never seen so many crappie rigs with 10 rod holders goin down the highway. Personally, I think if ur hunting private ground none of that will matter. Hit it early, they open March 15, I'll be there!!! In what area is ur private ground located? Nearest town?
Not quite sure yet.... Its one of my chemical reps... He just told me to call when I was ready... I haven't secured the details yet... My problem with 1st of April is I'm leaving the 7th to go to kansas.... My wife might kill me if I stayed gone from home for 2 weeks in a row turkey hunting... Haha...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts