Minn-kota Ultrex

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by dartonmav60, Dec 23, 2017.

1. dartonmav60

dartonmav60 Well-Known Member

Just put one on the Ranger and all I can say is WOW! Amazing what it will do!

2. silentassassin

silentassassin Well-Known Member

What all does it do? Where you running a fourtrex or what did you switch over from?

3. sam

sam Grand Member<br>2007 Photo Contest Winner<br>

I put one on my Stratos in early June, just before my annual trip to northern Minnesota. It's the best upgrade I've ever done on a boat. If I could afford it, I'd love to have power poles on the back of it, too, but I'd rather have the Ultrex on the bow than the poles on the back, it works that good.

dartonmav60 likes this.
  4. Gford

Gford Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne

I have a foretrex now.....an ultrex will be my next investment....the spot lock feature is the stuff!

dartonmav60 likes this.
  5. skeeterswatter

skeeterswatter Member

Boundary Waters? I lived in MN for awhile...loved it!!!

6. dartonmav60

I had a foretrex ( still do) it is a spare now! For my kind of fishing now the spot lock was the major selling point!

7. sam

Lake Vermilion, we always stay at Pike Bay Lodge close to Tower, MN. Next year will be my 7th year. I love the place, the fishing and the folks up there.

8. Bkt

Bkt Well-Known Member

Where did you find the best price?

9. dartonmav60

10. sam

Tackle Warehouse

11. orangefeetdown

orangefeetdown Well-Known Member

NEA
    BBG marine has the best prices I’ve seen as well. I’ve got a lesser version of the ultrex(powerdrive v2) with the first gen iPilot, and man, it’s fantastic for trolling for crappie. Spot lock is a great feature as well.

12. crappieitis

crappieitis Well-Known Member

Fouke
    I cant believe how well they work ...toss a buoy on fish position boat and walk to the back of boat and fish in the wind never move more than 10ft or so

orangefeetdown likes this.
  13. crappieitis

Fouke
    were you on a waiting list OFD

14. dartonmav60

No waiting list, last I saw they had 8 in stock!

orangefeetdown likes this.
  15. orangefeetdown

NEA
    I actually didn’t buy mine from BBG but I know several people that have. I got lucky and found mine on closeout when Gander Mountain was going out of business, paid $500? I think it was for an $1100 trolling motor.

crappieitis likes this.
  16. crappieitis

Fouke
    What a deal

17. orangefeetdown

NEA
    Yeah I wasn’t really ready to buy one at that point, but I couldn’t pass it up at that kind of price.

18. dartonmav60

I’ve had in the water 6 or 7 times now and the verdict is in. Best investment I’ve ever made to one of my boats. It will do everything its supposed to. The only problem I’m having is interference with my Helix 9. Got it a lot better than when I first put it on but still has some. I do believe that I will get fixed. Hummingbird is good to work with on this problem!

Bkt likes this.