Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
My bro-in-law planted a mix that had millet in it a couple of years ago and the turkeys loved it. We've always had some wheat up the hill from that plot, and the doves seemed to always be between that plot and the wheat that year. We have a couple of coveys of quail, too, but I never noticed them hanging out around that plot any more than usual.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I planted a acre and a half of WGF sorghum in Sharp Co. a couple of years ago. According to the bag deer would eat the seed heads after the first frost. This did not happen , However doves along with every other type of bird except turkey were all over it. It grew quite well

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I planted a acre and a half of WGF sorghum in Sharp Co. a couple of years ago. According to the bag deer would eat the seed heads after the first frost. This did not happen , However doves along with every other type of bird except turkey were all over it. It grew quite well
Last time we grew sorghum to make molasses with the deer seemed to hang out around the plot, but after we cut the cane you couldn't keep the deer out of the plot until they had cleaned up every bit of the heads.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Millet is a "grass"

Milo is a "grain" (sorghum family)

Two completely different plant groups.

G&F distributed Brown Top Millet this year instead of Korean Lespedeza in their seed packets.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.