Migration is slow: Water still open to the Minnesota Border.

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by willcfish, Dec 6, 2012.

1. willcfish

willcfish Well-Known Member

The waterfowl migration is slower than normal. I deer hunted the first 5 days of December in North Central Iowa and no travelers. Just a few flocks milling around. Usually it is flock after flock of Mallards and Canada Geese. There some pretty good calls on the beginning of this video and the birds here know where it is safe to land. This was taken early Goose season.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiFcXXvhkRM

2. BandedWoodrow

BandedWoodrow Well-Known Member

Noone cares about your video from 2 months ago. This is AR not the Midwest.

3. factory909

factory909 Well-Known Member

x2

4. jasper

jasper Well-Known Member

I thought the video was interesting. If you dont care about the video then don't watch it you little punk. And yeah I'm talking to you BandedWoodrow. You are a freaking childish piece of crap biggot. You most likely wear face paint and drive a jacked up truck. Your known for bandwaggoning and making the rudest comments I've ever seen. Now go back to class before they take your phone away. P.S. you do not know how dumb you make yourself look just trying to start stuff. Have a boat wreck peace

5. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

NE Ark
    Another one bites the dust. :salute:

6. wooducksooie

wooducksooie Well-Known Member

NEA
    Seriously though. Guy posts something waterfowl related in a waterfowl forum and gets shredded. I don't get the attitudes in this forum sometimes. If you care about ducks in AR you should also have interest in the entire flyway. Then again this is a "Me" generation coming up.

7. bp_lee24

bp_lee24 Well-Known Member

8. Carr.45

Carr.45 Well-Known Member

Seriously??? I hope your buddies and he knows it. Otherwise that comment was completely out of line and you need to learn some respect for others. Jasper went to far but at the same time made a good point, to bad he made his point the way he did...

9. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

Waterfowl has mirgated for thousands of years regardless the weather.

10. horngrower

horngrower Well-Known Member

According to game and fish there are more birds than most years at this time. If so they must be standing on top of each other in the little water in the state. They can't add 2 plus 2 much less count half a million ducks.

Migration is based on weather conditions by the way. If they never got froze out or ran out of food they wouldn't come south

11. SwampCat

SwampCat Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I thought the title of the post was about migration - I think the first couple of responses must have thought it said "menstration". Maybe they missed their midol.

12. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

Then why do the blue wings teal come thru in August ?

13. BandedWoodrow

BandedWoodrow Well-Known Member

Sarcasm doesn't come across well on the internet.

What concerns me is that you knew I wear face paint and my truck is jacked up 13 inches.

14. shiftymcfive01

shiftymcfive01 Super Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner<br>2013

howling

15. DevilDogCruiser

DevilDogCruiser Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Face paint YES!! Truck NO!