Mid-day hunting

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by mathewsman07, Dec 18, 2010.

1. mathewsman07

mathewsman07 Well-Known Member

I slept in this morning and I have Christmas this afternoon so I'm on the stand now and have been for an hour. Has anyone had any luck with mid-day hunts Bc this is the first time I have hunted mid-day.

2. woodsnwater

woodsnwater Well-Known Member

I have. Weird feeling. I have got to stand at 10am and hunted to 2pm ( even til dark ). I have seen alot of deer that away. I spoke to a guy camp on Bayou Meto said all his deer were moving more from 10am-2pm.. Even after New Moon. I am still going to it myself and all have it planned out. I am off for 2 1/2 weeks.:thumb:... Good luck and let us know whatcha see.:up:

3. mathewsman07

Thats what I was planning on doing sitting till 2 or later. And yea it feels weird getting here that late and I will keep y'all updated.

4. woodsnwater

Please do..

5. mathewsman07

Well I just got down due to the squirrel hunters and some guy running a chainsaw all within a 100 yards of me. I'm gonna go back and try again in the morning.

6. woodsnwater

That sucks.... Oh well... You tried.

7. sorry to hear that. That sucks. As far as mid day movement goes we have been seeing movement between 10am - 3 pm. That is when most of the deer have been seen here lately. Good luck tomorrow.

8. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Yep I killed my doe the other day at 12:25:up: Thats really the only type of hunting I have been doing lately, get up on the stand around 9:30 and stay till 3 or 4 then call it a day.

9. Hog_54

Hog_54 Well-Known Member

Had 9 doe in my food plot at 10 this morning only 9 got out had been in stand since daybreak and started seeing deer at 9:30 so mid day seems to good right now.

10. woodsnwater

I went out got into my blind and seen nothing. Walking down the road towards home saw 2 in the moonlight.

11. bottmhtr

bottmhtr Well-Known Member

i have been cing more in afternoon than morning. noon to dark

12. Acorn

Acorn Well-Known Member

I've been seeing nothing while hunting morning and afternoon, but I have tons of trail cam pics from 11:30 - 1:30. Maybe I'll get the hint.:smack:

13. woodsnwater

Well tomorrow night is beginning of Full Moon.. So, I think Mid-day hunt may be best. According what I have been reading. That weekend I saw all the deer it started around 2pm until dark.

14. nwa_bowhunter

nwa_bowhunter Well-Known Member

Mid day can be good, I killed an 8 one day at 1 pm. Around noon today showed high movement for hunting forecast on the time2hunt app for Droid or iPhone.