Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Member<br>2006 Photo Contest Winner
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting excited, anybody else going to the upcoming bowshoot near Mayflower? This will only be the 6th tourny that I have ever shot in. What do yall reckon a placing score (1st, 2nd, 3rd) will it take in the Bowhunter release division? I'm still getting used to judging distances, i'm not very good yet. I have two 2nd place finishes and my worst finish is 6th place so far. I usually shoot 250 to 265. What do yall usually shoot and in what division?

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Are you talking about the one tomorrow, Central Arkansas Bowhunters puts it on. If you shoot 260 on their course in bowhunter release you will run away with it. Usually 248 to 255 will win. Send me a PM if you need someone to shoot with. I will be there.

hd

·
Premium Member
10,056 Posts
I'll bring my bow but won't be shooting - overly rusty and I have never shot this particular bow - I'll show ya!

·
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Uh well, I don't know which one I'm talking about now. I generally shoot with a couple other guys and they just tell me when and where the next tournament is. They said this one was next weekend, they may have been wrong, I have never been to it. They described it as one of the biggest tournaments around. They said there is usually 2-4 courses set up because there is so many people there. Somewhere north of Mayflower. The only tournaments that I have shot in so far are: Bayou Meta, 2 in Dewitt, Trustenholder/Pendleton, and Holla Bend. They are also telling me the big shoot in Hot Springs is a good, very challenging one that we'll go to. Are we talking about the same Mayflower shoot?

·
Registered
23,356 Posts
Central Arkansas Bowhunter's had a shoot on the 8th. The shoot your buddies are talking about sounds the the ABA Spring shoot which is March 15 & 16.

They both shoot on the range at Mayflower, hope I haven't muddied the water any worse.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
You should try the Grant County shoot in Sheridan. I posted our schedule under a sticky in the 2008 schedules. We always have a good turnout and also have pop-up targets.:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I'll second the Grant Co. recommendation and add Hot Spring County (Malvern) as well. Fun, challenging courses all. It's gonna be hard to stay out of hot water with the wife the next few months.:thumb:

hd

·
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep the Mayflower shoot I was talking about is the ABA spring shoot and I'll be there for sure. I asked my buddies if they ever shoot grant county and they said they have and were planning on getting over there again this year. They also mentioned how the Hot Springs tournament is a must shoot so I reckon I'll be there as well. I talked with a guy at the Pendleton shoot 2 weeks ago that is somehow involved with the Hot Springs shoot and he seemed really nice. I love it, I'll shoot everyone I can as long as I have someone that isn't dead dead serious and can crack a smile to shoot with. My son is 8 and he shoots with me, he is really living it up, he hasn't placed worse than 3rd yet and he's won 3 out of the 6 tournies we've shot so he's got a bad case of the big head right now HA HA HA.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Don't forget about Central Ark. Ozark deerslayer. It's at the same range you will shoot this coming weekend at the ABA. Their next shoot is April 19.

hd

·
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well, I got my butt kicked by that course on sunday! wow I have never shot so bad in my life and judging the distance there was very hard for me for some reason, also the shots were a more spread out than the previous tournies that I have shot it. On the 2nd target of the day my serving came loose on my cable (from rolling over my cam), I didn't think much about it at the time, just figured I'd get it reserved on monday. Well, I took it in and found out that my cam is bent and something else was not lining up straight. Not saying I would have shot any better but that was a big reason I couldn't hit anyhing with any consistency. I hope yall faired better than I did. As a matter of fact 5 of us went and all 5 shot the worst scores we had ever shot. My son did get 3rd in pee wee so we were happy non the less. It was fun and I'll be back there, can't take a whoopin like that and not try it again. I can't let that course beat me up like that (break my bow and spirits). I have to get some redemption there HA HA HA.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
The upper range (where the BHR class shot) was pretty straight forward but the lower course (unlimited/pro) was a butt kicker from what my buds told me :biggrin:

Sorry to hear about your bow Ozark, glad your cable didn't break and destroy your bow.

I had it going pretty good early...4 up after 14 targets. Then I started thinking about it and managed to mess it up, LOL.:smack: Get 'em next time!

hd

1 - 19 of 19 Posts