Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator
87,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reading industry reports of ammo going up 20% to 30% between Sept 1 and Oct 1. If you think you might need some ammo before hunting season, thin might be a good time to stock a box or 2 back. I know last year ammo was high, and I can only imagine what it will be this year.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I started buying in late Jan... after the season ..... and I have bought 14 boxes of rifle ammo so far, and some pistol ammo ... But I plan on continuing to buy, as we don''t know for sure what the future will hold, with the elections and economy and such...

I know I need to buy some more .480 Ruger ammo too. I had six boxes and have shot up four..... but it sure was fun.....:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
My experience lately is that components haven't started going up in price too much, yet, but finding what you need at the local stores is getting tough. Dude at Sportsmans Wharehouse told me they no longer get enough reloading supplies to keep a back stock anymore. Everything they recieve goes directly on the shelves and doesn't stay very long.

Hello, Midway? :phone:

·
Registered
5,976 Posts
I bought a bunch of 7mm WSM ammo two years ago at WalMart off McCain. It was dirt cheap, so I bought all they had. I should be good to go for the next three years there, but I need some .280 and .30-06, and .243 ammo. I also have lot's of ML bullets I bought for $2.50 at Wal-Mart in MT. Maybe I need to buy a few boxes before I head out next month.

·
Administrator
87,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I watch for clearance sales every year. Wally world puts lots of stuff on clearance after the season. Being there at the right time pays off in big savings!!

·
Registered
11,692 Posts
I got some 777 two years ago in Hope for $7 a bottle, I'm set for awhile on it. Wal-Mart in Morrilton mis-marked some federal slugs at $.75 a box. I got all they had. They mis-marked some powder last week but I didn't have any money. Varget was $16 and a IMR 4831 was $14. It was painful.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.