Maumell permit for December

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by washawtaw, Dec 3, 2012.

1. washawtaw

washawtaw Member

I have not had time to scout the Maumell area, due to health problems.
    Now that I am feeling better, I am all hot to trop. But I need help in locating
    a good spot to hunt on the Maumell WMA. I am kinda old and can't walk more
    that a quarter of a mile.
    Anybody willing to give me some FREE help???????????

2. chevyduckhunt

chevyduckhunt Well-Known Member

I got a permit for this month also and have been wondering the same thing. Haven't had a chance to go out and scout yet but hopefully will be able to hit the woods this week or next.

3. washawtaw

washawtaw Member

Have hunted on the maumelle wild life management land for four days now and I have not seen a single deer!!!!!!!!
    I have seen only limited amount of deer sign.

I was thinking that I was really lucky to draw a tag for this WMA but maby I got it cause no one else wanted it.

4. Cracey36

Cracey36 New Member

I've drawn the December permit the last 3 years. Shot a doe the 1st year after having several close encounters with bucks. The deer managed to elude me last year, and I haven't flung an arrow yet this year. My experience has been that most of the deer are deeper in the WMA than a quarter mile. I frequently hunt over a mile from where i park. Deer densities are low, but there are some in there to be had. Try the new, 2011 prescribed burn area just west of Jolly Rogers Marina...close to the road and the new grasses and shrubs attract deer. They are thinning trees in there right now, but i have seen deer. Good luck!