Arkansas Hunting banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Z 7extreme but not sure about finding a good used bow and getting stuck with a problem.
Do you guys think I should just go buy a new ZXT or hold out a while.

Would appreciate some advice kinda new to bow hunting.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
You may save $150 going with a used one when it comes to a Mathews..... Unless the bow had a cracked limb that was undetectable or a split somewhere in the riser, bent cam?? ...Not really anything else that could be drastically wrong with a compound, buying used that is.. String replacement or personalizing that bow to your Specs. is about the only thing you will do to a bow when it comes to maintaining it. ..

·
Registered
128 Posts
Would you be interested in a regular Z7. Never been in the woods only shot in the yard while practicing. Pm me if you are interested.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I shoot original z7 and love it. There's no huge difference in bows yr to yr. ITs a trend thing. Check out eBay that's where I got mine . A lot off ppl get the latest and greatest . Like the others said there's not much to them. No cracks !! New string it's a new bow to me

·
Registered
138 Posts
I bought the creed and didn't like it after purchasing it, I was going to get the zxt and wished I did. New bows are coming out so I would wait just a few. I sold the creed and bought a bowtec, love the bow.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, I want to get settled in a new to me bow and start shooting for next year these bows loose value so quickly I'm looking at used first but not afraid to buy a new one if nothing comes along.

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Bought a like new ZXT (I'm talking Mint condition) for $400 a few months ago. Thst included shipping. I was tickled. AT of course.

·
Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner
350 Posts
I bought a creed xs a couple weeks ago. I like it. The bow is a little heavy. That is the only thing I can find wrong with it. I shot every bow I could get my hands on before I bought a new one. The creed was my pick by far.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey hog catcher does your XS have a little noise when you draw it like a crack/pop right before full draw. I tried one that did and bow shop said all XS do that was that true. I realy liked the XS but that was a deal breaker for me the guy was pushing Elite and it was nice

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Hey hog catcher does your XS have a little noise when you draw it like a crack/pop right before full draw. I tried one that did and bow shop said all XS do that was that true. I realy liked the XS but that was a deal breaker for me the guy was pushing Elite and it was nice
If a bow makes extra noise something is not right. If it were me buying a bow I wouldn't even look at it. I can see a buyer looking for a new bow. "Yeah but do you have one that makes an extra noise or something like that. Maybe some extra vibration I can get my hands on". The guy might be right but I doubt it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I owned a Creed for exactly 2 days. I did not like the draw cycle. The Chill is a much nicer shooting bow. I had a ZXT and it shot really well.

There are a lot of great bows to be had these days. I prefer something with at least one yolk to aid in tuning.

I'm shooting the 2014 Bear Agenda 6 and really love it. Bear has made tremendous improvements over the last few years.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried the creed XS at hunter refuge and both guys in bow shop said all the XS creeds made that noise so it turned me off of it even though I like the short ATA and the valley I took their word for it. They did not have a ZXT on the rack so no purchase yet. The creed XS was 819.00 there not bad.

·
350 Posts
I got mine a little cheaper than that. I can't get mine to pop or make noise. I like how short it is. I shoot a lot sitting on the ground flat of my butt. I had the sq2 for years and loved it. I plan to shoot this one for a years as well but if it starts popping I'm getting rid of it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going to give the creed XS another try this weekend if it makes a noise I think I will buy the ZXT both are short AtA and I like the draw.
I have a large gift cert for bass pro do you guys think I could get a nice sight rest and stabilizer there or just buy it all at archers advantage in LR.

·
350 Posts
I've been playing with this bow trying to make it pop. The only noise I can get it to make is from the cam stop hitting the lower limb. I can only get it to do that when I pull it back real hard. It has no pop or if it does I can't make it do it. I've been sitting at work thinking about this all day. I'm feeling a little more relieved now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts