Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,453 Posts
My dad has one and has been having a problem. It's a 29" draw, the serving on the cable is pushing up. Is it from over draw or what?
If you look at where the serving is hitting the cam while drawing, I bet you it is where the cable makes a sharp bend on the cam. Just have him draw it and watch where the serving problem hits the cam while he is drawing.

·
Banned
385 Posts
Arkarcher is right......sounds like serving seperation. Not completely brokeen but the serving strands are not side by side touching so to speak.

Don't know about the DXT but the SBXT I have is notourious for it. Right where he said above, where the cam rolls over at full draw.:thumb:

·
Select Member<br>2015-16 Bow Hunting Contest Winne
5,311 Posts
Typical single cam and typical mathews Mine did it after 10 shots.

4 fixes you can do......

1 push it back down and rub super glue in about 4 inches of the serving

2 push it back down and and serve over the last 1/2 inch of the serving and one more inch up the string (very tight)

3 and my personal favorite... buy a new set off premium strings with Halo serving and that will be done.

4 keep the area lubed up with lubricated wax like bohning xccellerater and just keep shooting it and don't worry about it.

Take care

·
Grand Member<br>2007 Bowhunting Contest Team Winne
3,276 Posts
Brother-n-law has the same trouble with his.I do to with my LX.Heavy with the wax will help.Bucknasty strings with halo will stop it.They are also cheaper than the Mathews strings.Course Im sure yours are still in really good shape.

·
Ultimate Member 2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner
56,582 Posts
I wouldn't put super glue on the serving...just not a good idea, wax maybe, but never an untested substance that could cause the string to break at full draw! My son took his Buckmaster to Gander Mountain and had a new string and serving put on for $42.00...the guy even put his peep in and the nock locater!:wink:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Matthews is sending a new cable and all to replace the old one. I just wonder if it's from overdrawing the bow some. His draw length can't be 29 1/2, he is short and has shorter arms than I do. his release is at or behind his ear... :smack: He thinks it shoots faster w/ longer draw, he's too worried about speed, all it's killed or any of his compounds has been a target.

·
5,311 Posts
I wouldn't put super glue on the serving...just not a good idea, wax maybe, but never an untested substance that could cause the string to break at full draw! My son took his Buckmaster to Gander Mountain and had a new string and serving put on for $42.00...the guy even put his peep in and the nock locater!:wink:
Superglue is fine....They make superglue just for this called liquid lok.
The shop owners that visit the mathews forum came up with this repair years ago and tons of people have used.

·
5,311 Posts
Matthews is sending a new cable and all to replace the old one. I just wonder if it's from overdrawing the bow some. His draw length can't be 29 1/2, he is short and has shorter arms than I do. his release is at or behind his ear... :smack: He thinks it shoots faster w/ longer draw, he's too worried about speed, all it's killed or any of his compounds has been a target.

Over drawing is NOT causing the serving separation, It is NORMAL for these bows (and all single cams).

I have sold several bows lately and most people have been shooting a bow that is way to long for them.

Here is a picture of Randy Ulmer who is very well known and a remarkable shot. He is showing proper draw length and anchor point.

Also watch this video by Randy about draw length (you have to scroll down the page)

http://www.bowhunter.com/bowhuntermagtv/BHTV_DOdescriptions/

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
It sounds like this feller has a problem out of the starting gate anyhow. Something I learned the hard way if he is drawing all the way back to his ear he will not have the best control nor accuracy. Instead of 29 1/2 inch draw it sounds like he needs to drop it down to a 28 inch draw.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Why not have the bow lazer tuned. Simply take the bow to a pro shop they will "shoot" a lazer from the side of the idler wheel to the calbe groove on the cam. The cable should track in the cneter of the cable "groove". If the cable does not track in the cable "groove" it will wear the cable prematurally because the cable tends to "roll" in to the groove.

I've done this adjustment hundreds of times on one cam bows. To adjust you simply press the bow and twist one side of the "Y" yoke. Twist the "Y" yoke on the same side as the lazer beam. It generally takes 1-4 twist of one side or the other of the yoke to solve the problem. Just keep twisting 1 or 2 twist at a time, releive the pressure from the bow press all the way and re-shoot the laser. Repeat the process until the lazer shoots in the center of the cable groove on the cam.

It is hard to explain the adjustment procedure without a picture, I'm sorry I don't have one but I hop this helps.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.