Arkansas Hunting banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
had one just like it, except it was very very close to being perfect shape. Bluing was perfect. Stock had 2 dings from being perfect. My grandfather bought new in 1941 then gave it to my dad in 1950. Dad gave it to me in 1985. My brother liked to hunt more than I did and he borrowed it in 2007. I haven't seen it or heard of it since. Thank you for the reminder, I'm gonna text him and find out what the deal is. I'm not gonna be happy if he ain't got it no more. Neither is my dad. I have fond memories of that old 39A. Learned to shoot a rifle with it when I was knee high to a grasshopper. Shot some youth competitions at an indoor range with it, and did well. As I grew up, it didn't get used much until my mom ran over one of my cats when I was a teenager. My favorite cat, didn't kill it so I had to put it to sleep with the 39A. Only cat I ever missed.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really think the guy thought both guns must have been broke. The 39 wasn’t ejecting shells. 5 minutes it was fixed and the 10/22 he said he didn’t have any clips for it. I had several and inserted one and it wouldn’t release took it apart knew what was wrong in 10 minutes it was shooting. It has the metal trigger assembly and is a pretty nice gun to.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.