Marine stands guard at elementary school

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by Mr. Chitlin, Dec 19, 2012.

1. CBD

CBD Well-Known Member

Very noble act, and it's good that the school has someone watching for anything suspicious, but really he's pretty much defenseless, himself, being unarmed.

2. Keep em coming Mr C. This one is awesome

3. JB Weld

JB Weld Well-Known Member Supporting Member

That is first class!

4. Somebody needs to drive by and hand him something to zap with.

How about a trained, armed, body armored guard patrolling the halls and grounds of every school in America? That would be some well spent tax dollars.

5. jhw

jhw Well-Known Member

A Marine is never defenseless. :flag:

6. Timd1978

Timd1978 Well-Known Member

OHRAH!!! Semper Fi, do or die!!!

7. bmccullough1

bmccullough1 Well-Known Member

I was gonna say that!! Very true!

8. CBD

CBD Well-Known Member

Oh, forgive me, I failed to realize the super human powers that all Marines possess. I bet they don't even really need to be armed during combat, the enemy will be so scared just by looking upon them that they will turn and flee!

9. Buckrub

Buckrub Well-Known Member

Conway
    And what will you do when one of the trained, armed, guards goes rogue? Will you then arm all teachers?

Then what will you do when an armed teacher goes rogue?

What will you ban then?

Some questions have no answers, as much as that strains our mortal selves' belief in our ability to figure out every single thing on Earth.

10. Quack addict

Quack addict Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Eudora,MS
    X2.....Whorah!

11. Quack addict

Quack addict Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Eudora,MS
    This would be the mental illness part that rational people do not understand. Can we predict when the next nut will crack? No, but I'd sure like to have somekind of chance to even the playing field. This isn't a once in a while occurance, it's becomming scarily regular. ( 37 since 1974)

12. johnf

johnf Well-Known Member

Kinda what I thought.

13. RippinLips

RippinLips Well-Known Member

You underestimate the abilities of a Marine.

14. CBD

CBD Well-Known Member

Hmmm, maybe so, or it could be that you over-estimate them. Please feel free to enlighten me!

15. RippinLips

RippinLips Well-Known Member

The United States Marine Corps is the finest fighting force the world has ever seen. For 237 years, we've allowed Americans like you and yours to sleep peacefully at night. It's not an airman, soldier or sailor standing in front of that school. It's a United States Marine, and he is making a statement that even after his time as an active duty Marine is finished, he still believes that his duty to protect innocent Americans is not.

I could post countless quotes about Devil Dogs, but I think this will suffice:

"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered." - Gen Peter Pace,
    28 Jul 06

16. ozarkhunter

ozarkhunter Well-Known Member

If a teacher or anyone else decides to go rogue now what's there to stop them?

17. sricen

sricen Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Don't need to be a Marine to do this. Check into the WATCH DOG program. Get with your schools. I volunteer once per month at my kids school to do this very thing!

18. sricen

sricen Super Member<br>2014-15 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Maybe he is, but I'd rather a defenseless adult trade places with a defenseless child. I volunteer once per month to do this very thing and would be more than willing to put my defenseless self between the nuts gun and a child!