Marine Stabbed

Discussion in 'Campfire' started by Pickloop, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Subject: Marine Stabbed at Best Buy by suspected shoplifter!

November 27, 2010
    Associated Press

AUGUSTA, Ga. - A U.S. Marine reservist collecting toys for children was stabbed when he helped stop a suspected shoplifter in eastern Georgia.

Best Buy sales manager Orvin Smith told The Augusta Chronicle that man was seen on surveillance cameras Friday putting a laptop under his jacket at the Augusta store.

When confronted, the man became irate, knocked down an employee, pulled a knife and ran toward the door. Outside were four Marines collecting toys for the service branch's "Toys For Tots" program.

Smith said the Marines stopped the man, but he stabbed one of them, Cpl. Phillip Duggan, in the back. The cut did not appear to be severe.

The suspect was transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken leg, possible broken ribs, assorted lacerations and bruises he obtained when he fell, trying to run after stabbing the Marine.

The suspect, whose name was not released, was held until police arrived. The Richmond County Sheriff's office said it is investigating.

>
    >
    > Rick Smythe
    Chaplain
    > Marine Corps League
    > St Charles County Detachment 725
    >
    >

Semper Fi

=================================

OooohRahhh!!

2. allyellow

allyellow Well-Known Member

That's one heck of a fall to do all that. :cool:

3. OughtSix

OughtSix Super Member<br>2010-11 Bow Hunting Contest Winner

Sounds like he fell down a flight of stairs...wonder how those broken arms and legs came about? :whistle:

4. MollyWhop

MollyWhop Well-Known Member

He must of stepped on a nanner peel when he took off..:razz:

5. SR4

SR4 Super Member<br>'07/'08 Bowhunting Contest Team Wi

Sounds like they put the boots to him........I like it!:thumb:

6. Carr.45

Carr.45 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a heck of a good @$$ kickin! Thats my kind of justice...

7. John Stiles

John Stiles Ultimate Member<br>2007 Team Turkey Contest Winner

He fell right into the path of a freight train!:fit::fit::fit:

8. bigmac7825

bigmac7825 Well-Known Member

Sounds like he fell for days...lol. Good for those Marines for helping the feller out.:clap:

9. Meathunter

Meathunter Well-Known Member

To bad he didn't ''fall'' on his knife.

10. jwalker

jwalker Well-Known Member

That's funny !! He ran into the best law enforcement known to man !! Ooooraaahh

11. remington steel

remington steel Well-Known Member

They beat the crap out of him. :clap:

12. TacHunter

TacHunter Well-Known Member

That maggot fell into the first level of hades. He got off light. What kind of idiot would think he could stab a United States Marine in front of his brothers in arms and be able to walk away. That hood learned that is one gang that sticks together.

OOORRAAAHHHH!!!

:flag: :up::up::up:

13. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

Semper Fi

14. FrogTacos

FrogTacos Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that part doesn't show up in ANY of the news articles I have found.
    EDIT: I looked because I wanted to link it to my MC brother. Nada.

15. rdoliver

rdoliver Well-Known Member

Way to go Marines! When it comes to the US Armed Services we should be proud. Way to go men and women!:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

16. deltabowhunter

deltabowhunter Well-Known Member

17. JohnnieWalker

JohnnieWalker Well-Known Member

I like to think he fell. :flag:

18. damlockman

damlockman Well-Known Member

"The suspect was transported to the local hospital with two broken arms, a broken leg, possible broken ribs, assorted lacerations and bruises he obtained when he fell, trying to run after stabbing the Marine."

He is one Lucky Bastid!!! It could have been a whole lot worse if that mini van full of toys hadn't pulled up and the Marines had to go back to work........

19. Quote by Frogtacos--

"Unfortunately, that part doesn't show up in ANY of the news articles I have found.
    EDIT: I looked because I wanted to link it to my MC brother. Nada. "

That's the way I got it, but it sure made for a better story!!:biggrin:

20. leserz

leserz Well-Known Member

some kid must have dropped some of them very slippery jelly beans i guess the guy slipped and fell on them :clap: