Malvern Fur Sale

Discussion in 'Trapping' started by gunswapper, Jan 22, 2014.

1. gunswapper

gunswapper Well-Known Member

Southwestern Arkansas Fur Takers, Chapter 29 will host our annual fur sale Saturday Feb. 8 at the Hot Spring County fairgrounds in Malvern, Arkansas. We usually have 10 to 15 buyers from 5 states. Gates open at 6:00 AM, sale starts at 8:00 AM. We are raffling a Marlin model 60 .22 caliber rifle. Drawing at 2:00 PM at the sale. This is a nice rifle with a laminated stock. You do not have to be present to win. Contact Don Hoyle, phone 479-234-8770 or email gunswapper@ yahoo.com for more information or raffle tickets. $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00. Fur buyers or sellers are welcome.

2. gunswapper

WE will have Trapping supply vendors and at least one vendor with a lot of guns for sale or trade. Even if you aren't selling furs, you are welcome to check out the trapping supplies and guns. Hope to see you there!

3. Alpha

Alpha Member On Double Secret Probation

didnt catch enough to sell this year but ill prolly be down to look around and pick up some more #160s :thumb:

4. Swampboss

Swampboss Well-Known Member

Do you have to pay a commission or fee to sell furs at this sale ?

5. frogleg

frogleg Well-Known Member

Yes, not sure what they charge these days though. Use to be it was under 10% but it's been many years since I've been to any of the state auctions.

6. gunswapper

Commission is 5%. You must be a member ($7.00 per year). $0.25 fee per sub lot to cover paperwork. See you Saturday!

7. Midnight Rider

Midnight Rider Well-Known Member

Anyone got results of the sale yesterday?

8. Midnight Rider

Thanks for the info. I figured someone might post the overall results. Hate to see the otter price so low, but it looks like you did better than some pricing I have been seeing.

9. gunswapper

I have the results computed. I tried to post them here but they come out all jumbled. The document is stored in 'My Documents' on my computer. I copied the document and pasted it into a new thread here and it is all scrambled. Any idea how I can post it without it scrambling?

10. Midnight Rider

Possibly save it as a PDF file and hen upload. Or maybe a moderator could help you out.

11. neotoxo

neotoxo Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner

Don email what you have and I will format and post it within a few hours. Same email from the google map I sent

12. neotoxo

neotoxo Super Member<br>'08 Smackdown Team Winner

Malvern Fur Sale 08 Feb. 2014 Results

Here is a formatted view of the results...

Attached Files:

13. gunswapper

Thanks, Neo

14. hunter_3780

hunter_3780 Select Member<br>2014 Team Turkey Contest Winner

15. gunswapper

16. frogleg

frogleg Well-Known Member

Wow. Not much put up fur there. I guess most that put up there fur just send it up north.