Mallett/NFL

Discussion in 'News and Politics' started by newton29, Jan 6, 2011.

1. newton29

newton29 Well-Known Member

NWA
    Just got alerted Mallett declared for the draft. We knew it was coming, but it still hurts to hear it.

2. flintknapper

flintknapper Moderator/smokepole pimp

I was sorta hoping his stock went down enough during the bowl game that he would consider staying. Go Tyler Wilson! :thumb:

3. newton29

newton29 Well-Known Member

NWA
    I'm hearing Mitchell can scramble ala Cam Newton. It's just begun. To heck with the Tide and Auburn, GO HOGS!

4. Hud_AthensArcher

Hud_AthensArcher Member<br>2012-13 Bowhunting Contest Winner

2nd maybe 3rd round is when he will go...It won't be the first.

5. Vetrock

Vetrock Well-Known Member

Uh, no. With Luck returning, Mallet will be gone in the 1st round. My guess is around 15.

6. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

Mallet is a great passer and made the Hogs a much better team but I think Wilson or Mitchel will be better college quaterbacks. Mallet didn't have the foot quickness to be a running threat, and that hurt. JMO

7. F B

F B Administrator Staff Member

Cabot
    I saw Mitchell in the Red/White game last spring and thought he looked WAY better than Wilson. He broke one for 80 yards and a touchdown too. :up:

He's big and he can run. Im not saying Tyler wont be the starter but whoever it is will have to earn it. He'll have somebody behind him pushing him and thats always a good thing.

8. coonnutz

coonnutz Well-Known Member

Good riddence:up:

9. Wes Ramsey

Wes Ramsey Well-Known Member

Sad to see him go, but I'm pretty excited about the talent coming in to fill his shoes. Whether its Wilson or Mitchell it will be awesome to have such great talent beyond the 1st string.

10. SARAH

SARAH Well-Known Member

He will definitely go 1st round at least top 20:up: Happy for him he did some great things for our program we will be fine though still have a deep bench can't wait for next year. However I think another year would have benefited him just to be more consistent and confident in the pocket, but I will still be cheering on the Hogs and Mallet next year wherever he may be.

11. bzbrent

bzbrent Well-Known Member

Most analysts have him picked 3rd in the QB line-up, which would put him late first round/early 2nd round. Fact is, he's got some short-comings that NFL scouts pounce on quick.

His inability to see the field has been chief among the cons.

We'll see...

He's definitely no Sam Bradford.

BOOMER!

-b-

12. SalineRiver

SalineRiver Well-Known Member

Ryan Mallet=Ryan Leaf.

Glad to see him gone though. Awesome arm but he can't scramble eggs. He will never be a franchise QB.

13. Lonnie

Lonnie Well-Known Member

The Razorbacks deserve to see him go!!! I'm with coonnutz on this one. I heard a guy on sports talk call him a hack!! HA!!! Well after his choke in the Sugar Bowl I do believe he is deserving of a high draft pick just so he can end up on one of those 2 - 14 or 3 - 13 bottom feeder teams!!!

Sure he will get his millions but I'm sure he will really, really pay for them physically!!!:fit:

14. flippinhntr

flippinhntr Well-Known Member

IMO Mallet is not an NFL quarterback. He has a good arm but that is it. He trows balls at one speed whether his receiver is in tight or down the field. He also has no vision for the field. He is a "I'm going to this receiver" passer out of the huddle. Meaning he decides who he is going to before the play developes. He will go high in the draft just because of the recognition that he has received from sports writers and commentators. However, Mallet will never stand up to an NFL defense especially when lower level linebackers and defensive linemen are picking him off. Again, this is just my opinion.

15. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

+1