Mallett going to the NFL

Discussion in 'Razorbacks' started by bracomadar, Jan 6, 2011.

1. bracomadar

bracomadar Well-Known Member

2. GOBBLERSTOPPER

GOBBLERSTOPPER Well-Known Member

Good, bring on Tyler Wilson...

3. F B

F B Administrator Staff Member

Cabot
    I wish him well but Im not going to say that Im glad to see the most prolific passer in Arkansas history go.

I wanted him to stay another year. He's improved every season that he's been here and Id like to have seen what he could do as a Senior. He might have been gone anyway but Im sure Andrew Luck's decision helped make it a little easier.

4. jrock

jrock Well-Known Member

Dont be to surprised if its not Wilson

5. GOBBLERSTOPPER

GOBBLERSTOPPER Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it will be Wilson after what he did this year for us, however, even if it is Brandon Allen I will be happy, that kid is bad!!

6. Hog_54

Hog_54 Well-Known Member

NWA
    Don't put Wilson in the starting QB yet there are two young men who will have something to say about it Brandon Mitchell and Kirby Walker

7. jrock

jrock Well-Known Member

This is what I was thinkin :up:

8. Veo

Veo Super Member<br>2012 Turkey Contest Winner

Yup, there will be some heated spring practices this year.

I wish Ryan the best, I believe he's the best passing QB if not the best QB the Hogs have ever have and its been an honor for us to have him.

9. HANDGUNNER

HANDGUNNER Well-Known Member

x2

10. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

I hate to see him leave but this might be alot of the reason, Here is the projected QB draft positions before tonight.

1. Panthers: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford

3. Bills: Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas

7. 49ers: Cam Newton, QB, Auburn

10. Redskins: Jake Locker, QB, Washington

15. Dolphins: Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri

As it stood before Luck pulled out he was the #2 QB overall & the #3 pick in the first round. Looks like if the Panthers stay with a QB in the first round then Mallet may be the #1 pick in the NFL draft. Wish him the best, but all I can say is he better be ready to man up & get ready to take some licks cause going to the worst team by far in the NFL is not going to be a cake walk. But you know, for multi-millions I believe I could get knocked on my tail every play & be tickled to death about it!

11. arkansasdave

arkansasdave Member<br>2017 Spring Turkey Contest Team Winner

Would have loved to see what he could have done next year if he'd stayed, but you can't blame him for leaving. He stands to make a lot of money. Why take the chance of getting injured. He will be able to afford finishing his degree, no problem.

12. Hudge

Hudge Well-Known Member

Every thing I have read said he is the number 3 quarterback right now behind Gabbert an d Scam Newton, and the number 16 pick overall roughly. Either way, I wish him well. I wonder where Mitch Mustain will get drafted at. :whistle:

13. Pretty much took the words out of my mouth... :shrug::up:

Boy I'm excited to see how next year's talent will show out. From what it looks like we have more than enough to stay competitive, especially with Coach Petrino. :biggrin:

14. 4hunting

4hunting Well-Known Member

Here is the source I was quoting!

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/03/...kwcid=TC|10781|NFL mock draft||S|b|6723218720

And here is one they just released adjusting to Luck withdrawal from the draft:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2011/01/06/2011-nfl-mock-draft-adjusting-for-andrew-lucks-decision/

15. browning_gold_12

browning_gold_12 Moderator<br>Deer Hunting<br>Trail Cameras<br>'07

i agree that Mallett is the best we have seen. dont bashl me for this, and i hope i am wrong, but i aint convinced he is durable enough to make it in the NFL. like i said, i hope i am wrong, i hope he makes it big and has a long and succesful career. :up:

16. xrayguy

xrayguy Member<br>2011 Turkey Contest Winner

x2....couldn't have said it better. hope he continues to develop and has a great NFL career. thanks for all the good times ryan mallett :clap:

17. huddy

huddy Well-Known Member

Good luck in the NFL ....GO HOGS

18. Mule man

Mule man Well-Known Member

Mallet is a great passer. I guess you young guys don't remember Joe Ferguson? He was a good passer too but played on a very average team. I think Clint Sterner may have been a better overall quarterback. JMO

19. No-till Boss

No-till Boss Well-Known Member

It was more of the Bobby Petrino system at a school with a predominant history of running the ball.

To be honest, he should have been pulled for a series or two in the second half.

20. spur

spur Moderator-Razorback Forum<br>Sports

nwar
    Ryan was a good QB with a great arm. He made better decisions later in the year than he did to start the year off or last year for that matter. Maybe next year he would have been deadly. I wish him luck and thank him for his contributions to the team.

What excites me is the potential and flexibility that we should have next year. We may give up a little arm strength but the running ability of our 3 remaining QB's is way superior to that of Mallet. I think we will be OK!