Magazine capacity

Discussion in 'Predators, Varmints, and Hogs' started by nontypical, Dec 16, 2010.

1. nontypical

nontypical Well-Known Member

Am I totally missing it in the regulations book, I always thought the max was 5 shells but I do not see any limit in the book?

2. Allstar

Allstar Well-Known Member

Ain't nun predator hunting...:thumb:

3. nontypical

Thats what I was wondering. That 90 round drums gonna be heavy on a long walk. :biggrin:

4. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    The only mag capacity I know of in AR is for migratory birds.

5. varmint hunter

varmint hunter Well-Known Member

Ditto:thumb:

6. cinns

cinns Well-Known Member

Beebe
    I was wondering this also. I just built a rock river arms predator pursuit uppered AR for varmint and had 5 or 6 20 rd. mags laying around. So I called the agfc headquarters and talked to a lady named Carolyn. She said she didn't think there was a magazine restriction for rifles so I told her I needed to be sure because I didn't want to risk a ticket on a "I think". She put me on hold to check the code book, and came back to say there was NO restrictions on number of rounds in a rifle on coyote or deer.

7. nontypical

You will Love the RRA PP. Mine loves 75 grain Hornady BTHPs.

8. cinns

cinns Well-Known Member

Beebe
    How does it shoot. I know they claim 3/4 accuracy with a full gun. I just bought the upper to put on a dpms lower I already had.

9. nontypical

I shot 12 different recipes of hand loads and with the exception of the first group it was 1.04 inches the other 11 groups were all sub 3/4 inch groups including one that was under .25. By far the most accurate semi auto I have ever owned. It really likes N135 powder if you reload but shoots everything really well. Here is the best group.
    http://www.arkansashunting.net/showthread.php?t=88671

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  10. cinns

cinns Well-Known Member

Beebe
    What is your favorite load for it, and do you load any light loads like 40 grain vmax or similar.

11. Mr. Chitlin

Mr. Chitlin Administrator

NE Ark
    Depending on the twist in your barrel, you may or may not be able to shoot bullets as light as 40 grains. If you are shooting 1/9 or faster the accuracy may suffer on light bullets.

12. nontypical

22 grains of N135 using 55g Hornady VMax shoots .5 inch groups that's as light as I have loaded. Mr C is correct the 1-8 twist will literally spin the light bullet to fast. It would probably be fine out to 100 yards but any further I would recommend sticking with 55 grain to 77. Hope that helps oh and mine shoots Varget really good to.